Homemade track drivers/cogs

PanicRev

Has anyone made then? If so how? Something someone machined down? Make a mould for a liquid that sets up? How did you get the pitch right? Thanks!

G

G

What sled is it for? Call Wahl Brothers. There is no room for error on drive cogs. Not only does the pitch have to be right the height has to be right and the actual material used has to be right. Unless this is going to be a sled that just sits in a museum somewhere.

PanicRev

It's a Snowbug Luvbug. I'm not sure of the year, but from internet research I'd say its early 70's. Not a museum piece, but it wont get 1000's of miles either. I just want to be able to ride it around the neighborhood and maybe an occasional vintage ride

PanicRev

Goggled the sled had no trouble findi g some guy that made 60 sets of drive cogs

I assume you're refering to a forum post from 2014 on a different vintage sled forum. Do you by chance have any contact info for him? I've been trying to register on that site so I could hopefully email him but I'm not having any luck. Maybe their site is not working properly?

kevinj

I would look at vintage sled parts (http://www.vintagesledpartwarehouse.com/) or try to find contact info for Rick's Rupps up in MN. Rick's Rupps did a set of drive sprockets for a 74 sno jet I am rebuilding and I got the second set through the website
i listed. I actaully went through the website for both sets, and I know the first set went to Rick's Rupps anyways. The second set came from Canada. I wonder if the original sno jet molds were purchased now and are back in use???