Hoop N Holler - Carolyn Maeve

scott_b

I just learned of the unexpected passing of Carolyn Maeve. While she was not the fixture in the bar the way George is, she was a great woman who would bend over backwards to help anyone.

About 10 years ago in early October we had tied our boat up to the dock at the Hoop and went in to have lunch. It was a windy and cold day, frankly if we had not just bought the boat a week earlier we never would have gone out on the lake. As I tied the boat up I made a mental note to buy new ropes as the ones that were on the boat were rather dry rotted. About 20 minutes later I hear "hey someones boat is floating away", as I ran outside and began stripping down to go for what was going to be a very cold swim and subsequent ride home. Carolyn walked out of her yard into the water and told me to stay put. She wadded out into the water chest deep in jeans and a sweatshirt and dragged the boat back to the dock. She said she had warm dry clothes close by and didn't want me having to drive home wet and cold. I don't think she ever knew how grateful I was for her help that day and to her, there was no question, it was just something she would never think twice about.

Thoughts and prayers go out to George, Josh and their whole family. Rest in peace Carolyn.

D

Deleted member 10829

My sympathy to George, Josh and their entire family.

racerx

Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

What an awesome memory of her which cannot be taken away and will live forever, thanx for sharing with us!