Houghton Snow???

danzo

No need to be a wise ***. Of course its gonna snow. I simply was trying to get some info for a trip we have planned for the 11th weekend. So many times on here I see people reply with dumb or smart *** comments. If its beyond people to say something intelligent then just shut up.....SMH

scottiking

Not sure he was being a wise*** but its not looking good for the 11th as you prob already know!
Lets hope It hits by Jan like a couple years ago! then it snowed everyday through March!
It can rebound in a day tho!
I think there is a chance for snow a week from Monday and above freezing highs for 15 days!
Kinda depressing!
Scottiking OUT

chicagosledder

I highly doubt he was being a smart *** as you put it. You are fairly new here, I can see from your post count, so I will clue you in on the site. If you go to the left of the site you will see that there are a CAMS tab, click on that and your question is answered by itself. And yes snow is in the forecast but I highly doubt by the time you need it to be there.

indy_500

No need to be a wise ***. Of course its gonna snow. I simply was trying to get some info for a trip we have planned for the 11th weekend. So many times on here I see people reply with dumb or smart *** comments. If its beyond people to say something intelligent then just shut up.....SMH
Response is very out of line IMO, but, there's no snow up there whatsoever. So if you're asking about riding next weekend, the 11th, consider the trip cancelled. Not to mention the end of the week it looks like they're going to be pushing 60 degrees for a high.

garyl62

Let me see if I get this straight; on November 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] you ask a question about snowcover that could be answered by looking at the Cam network on this site, but maybe you didn’t know about those so we’ll let that slide and not accuse you of being lazy, then the second sentence is a generic question about a timeframe 3 weeks away. So at that time, and even still today, if you look at a long range forecast on some weather site that puts things like that out there you’ll see there is snow in the forecast for “mid-December”. In my mind groomerdriver answered your generic question in a generic way. Now, 2 weeks later you call him a wise *** and then go on to say OTHER people on this site say dumb or smart *** comments…..

Hopefully my analysis of this thread was “intelligent” enough to warrant being said; otherwise I guess I should have just shut up.

chicagosledder

Let me see if I get this straight; on November 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] you ask a question about snowcover that could be answered by looking at the Cam network on this site, but maybe you didn’t know about those so we’ll let that slide and not accuse you of being lazy, then the second sentence is a generic question about a timeframe 3 weeks away. So at that time, and even still today, if you look at a long range forecast on some weather site that puts things like that out there you’ll see there is snow in the forecast for “mid-December”. In my mind groomerdriver answered your generic question in a generic way. Now, 2 weeks later you call him a wise *** and then go on to say OTHER people on this site say dumb or smart *** comments…..

Hopefully my analysis of this thread was “intelligent” enough to warrant being said; otherwise I guess I should have just shut up.

Well said.

upbarleyboy

Impossible to predict the weather 3-4 weeks out. With that said, we are pushing into mid-December very quickly, and no riding to be found anywhere in Wisc, Mich, or Minn. The good news is it is early in the season, the bad news....no positive news to provide much hope. We all know things can turn fast, but it's looking like a short riding season. One of those "spur of the moment pack your bag kinda years".

sweeperguy

X2!!

- - - Updated - - -

Well said.

whitedust

Response is very out of line IMO, but, there's no snow up there whatsoever. So if you're asking about riding next weekend, the 11th, consider the trip cancelled. Not to mention the end of the week it looks like they're going to be pushing 60 degrees for a high.

X2... You are toast for Dec 11th if you didn't already know....Maybe Xmas week til NY we can catch a break with a Keewee & traditional LES areas dumpings. Just have to wait it out & stay in touch. :)

woodside

Getting some good snow amouints would be great but until the temps drop, it won't help much. The ground here in the Bayfield area is still soft and full of moisture. We need some colder weather to firm up the ground. Otherwise, new snow will likely melt away. Plus cold temps could fire up some LES activity as well.

sweeperguy

As others, except Indy500, have pointed out, I wasn't being a wiseazz.

On 11/23 you asked for a forecast for Houghton in mid-December. I wasn't reaching when I said "snow".

As it turns out, maybe you were "reaching" norm years it should have happened, but this year?

whitedust

As others, except Indy500, have pointed out, I wasn't being a wiseazz.

On 11/23 you asked for a forecast for Houghton in mid-December. I wasn't reaching when I said "snow".

I do think Indy was being supportive GD & I took his post as Danzo was out of line.

groomerdriver

As it turns out, maybe you were "reaching" norm years it should have happened, but this year?

It's not December 15th which in my book qualifies as "mid-December". Houghton SHOULD have snow on the 15th. Question might be is will it be enough to ride on?

It was 3 years ago that there was no rideable snow till about January 10 or so? 3 weeks before he left for USAF basic on January 31, Mark, myself and another guy went to Calumet right after they got dumped on.

But yea.....we're all sweating it out aint we! This sucks!

larboc

No snow in or around houghton. A couple of small piles here and there from where the one snow we had was plowed. 40 degrees and rain right now, I love it for my day to day routine and the firewood supply but it's bad for sledding. I took my fwd car on summer tires down the snowmobile trail to camp this week.