Houghton to Saint Germain, Wi wknd of 3/11?

LM

Is anyone traveling back to, or through, St. Germain WI, from Houghton this weekend? Need help transporting an Easymove that I found on Marketplace. I'd need you to pay in Houghton and I'll reimburse you in Saint Germain.

Last edited:

LM

Sure, pull this leg and it will play Jingle Bells.
Hey Garrett-The Holiday season is over and I was pretty burned out on hearing Jingle Bells so I'm not gonna take you up on your offer. However, I STILL DO need help getting a much needed sled mover down to me in Saint Germain! That's all. Nothing malicious. SO, if anyone is heading through Saint Germain and is able to help, I'd appreciate it!!

goofy600

Hey Garrett-The Holiday season is over and I was pretty burned out on hearing Jingle Bells so I'm not gonna take you up on your offer. However, I STILL DO need help getting a much needed sled mover down to me in Saint Germain! That's all. Nothing malicious. SO, if anyone is heading through Saint Germain and is able to help, I'd appreciate it!!
No offense LM but your asking someone you don’t know to go to Houghton pay for a sled then drive it to you in St. Germain. I know there is a lot of good people on this sight but your ask is kind of suspicious. Just saying.

snoden

One thing to ask for help with delivery, but red flag city asking one to pay and deliver.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think LM is speaking of the EasyMove Sled Dolly, not an entire snowmobile. It never hurts to ask...nothing gained, nothing lost even in this day and age. But yes, payment would be a Red Flag.

LM

No offense LM but your asking someone you don’t know to go to Houghton pay for a sled then drive it to you in St. Germain. I know there is a lot of good people on this sight but your ask is kind of suspicious. Just saying

No offense LM but your asking someone you don’t know to go to Houghton pay for a sled then drive it to you in St. Germain. I know there is a lot of good people on this sight but your ask is kind of suspicious. Just saying.
Morning! I'm actually asking if anyone is traveling BACK from Houghton, going TO or THROUGH Saint Germain that can help. I AM asking them to pay ($200.00) in Houghton and I'll reimburse them upon delivery in Saint Germain. I don't have a way to get the seller MY money before the driver leaves Houghton this weekend. The driver would be out the money for a couple hours. The driver would deliver the lift I need, and would get cash upon delivery. Not a check. Not an 'I need to mail it to you'. Cash. Upon delivery. One more try--Can anyone help today?

ddhanna

Morning! I'm actually asking if anyone is traveling BACK from Houghton, going TO or THROUGH Saint Germain that can help. I AM asking them to pay ($200.00) in Houghton and I'll reimburse them upon delivery in Saint Germain. I don't have a way to get the seller MY money before the driver leaves Houghton this weekend. The driver would be out the money for a couple hours. The driver would deliver the lift I need, and would get cash upon delivery. Not a check. Not an 'I need to mail it to you'. Cash. Upon delivery. One more try--Can anyone help today?
PayPal, Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, Google Pay, Meta Messenger and a hundred more.

snomoman

Hmm… as the suspense continues, curious to see where this goes, geez for 200 bucks I think I’d probably just keep it myself

grabandgo

jeez...the guy is asking for a little help. This website is a snowmobiling resource right? Hey...LM.... if you still need help pm me and lets discuss. I will be in Calumet this coming Saturday and can swing thru. Maybe I can help.

I realize most of you probably don't have $200.00 to front for the mover right? "Red flag"? "Suspicious"? You will have the piece of hardware in your possession for heaven's sake. Why do you even need to reply if you can't do it or just can't afford to help someone?
All of you "keyboard cowboys" here have been everywhere, done everything and know everything.....but only have bullsh!t comments for someone who asked for assistance.

"Sure, pull this leg and it will play Jingle Bells." -Garrett member since 2013
"One thing to ask for help with delivery, but red flag city asking one to pay and deliver." snoden member sice 2009
"I really don't see anyone doing this.You want it.go get it." garageguy member since 2009

snoden

Good for you for stepping up. Hey $200 bucks is not a lot of money these days and maybe it's an honest ask. I would be more than willing to help a guy out with the delivery if in that position but, I draw the line when asked to pay for it too. No keyboard cowboy here just honest. I believe in good karma, last year found all kinds of goodies on the trail, boost pack, first aid kit, tools and a couple bogey wheels. One of the bogey wheels was still in the shipping package addressed to the guy that lost it all. Imagine his surprise when he received a package with all his stuff returned to him. So grabandgo calling out members is out of line as I believe most here would step up to the plate if called upon just not in this scenario. Oh and by the way my portfolio has me in private banking, thanks for asking.

eyeman

New member? Probably a great person from SG. We'd all support him, if we knew for sure he/she/them aren't scam artists. These artists are smart, resourceful and take advantage of nice people. LM, tell us who you are. There must be another way to get payment to the Houghton folk. We'd all love to support a fellow sledder, but you gotta understand the ask/exposure/potential implication. JD'ers will always be there.

LM

jeez...the guy is asking for a little help. This website is a snowmobiling resource right? Hey...LM.... if you still need help pm me and lets discuss. I will be in Calumet this coming Saturday and can swing thru. Maybe I can help.

I realize most of you probably don't have $200.00 to front for the mover right? "Red flag"? "Suspicious"? You will have the piece of hardware in your possession for heaven's sake. Why do you even need to reply if you can't do it or just can't afford to help someone?
All of you "keyboard cowboys" here have been everywhere, done everything and know everything.....but only have bullsh!t comments for someone who asked for assistance.

"Sure, pull this leg and it will play Jingle Bells." -Garrett member since 2013
"One thing to ask for help with delivery, but red flag city asking one to pay and deliver." snoden member sice 2009
"I really don't see anyone doing this.You want it.go get it." garageguy member since 2009
Thanks so much for your offer to help! Much appreciated! Message sent.

LM

New member? Probably a great person from SG. We'd all support him, if we knew for sure he/she/them aren't scam artists. These artists are smart, resourceful and take advantage of nice people. LM, tell us who you are. There must be another way to get payment to the Houghton folk. We'd all love to support a fellow sledder, but you gotta understand the ask/exposure/potential implication. JD'ers will always be there

New member? Probably a great person from SG. We'd all support him, if we knew for sure he/she/them aren't scam artists. These artists are smart, resourceful and take advantage of nice people. LM, tell us who you are. There must be another way to get payment to the Houghton folk. We'd all love to support a fellow sledder, but you gotta understand the ask/exposure/potential implication. JD'ers will always be there.
I've been a member of this group FOR YEARS! Even had previous conversations with some of you! I AM your fellow sledder!! Not ONE of you that contributed, inquired further on HOW a potential transaction would be conducted. Most just contributed smart ass comments! Scam artist? Not ONE of you realized YOU WOULD BE HOLDING THE COLLATERAL! Thanks all for showing me how "JD'ers will always be there"!