How even preseason football ranks!

durphee

Just to put into perspective on how much football means to TV viewing audience. Remember, the Hall of Fame game is a preseason, means absolutely nothing, starters don't play game!

"The NFL remains the undisputed king of American television.

Last night’s Hall of Fame Game drew a 6.9 overnight rating, making it by far the most-watched show on any network, and the most-watched NFL preseason game in three years.

To put into perspective how good a 6.9 overnight rating is, here’s a sample of sports programming that has had a lower overnight rating in the last year:

Stanley Cup Final Game 6: 5.6.
NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 1: 5.6.
NBA Western Conference Finals Game 1: 5.4.
Indy 500: 4.3.
American League Championship Series Game 1: 4.0.
National League Championship Series Game 1: 3.5."

snocrazy

I watched it. More for the guys being inducted. Pretty cool.

Watched the Bears game last night. Effin Cutler.... I really don' t see him as a leader or being able to make the right split second decisions a qb needs to be able to do. Not to mention actually execute in a successful manner. I thought the O looked better with claussen out there.
I hope things work out. This has to be Cutlers last chance.

I am just happy to have football on. It has been rough this year on the baseball front. (WhiteSox fan) This weekend is cubs sox. Cant even get a cubs fan to bet me 5$ a game for the series.

G

G

I would like to have .0001 percent of the money that gets wagered in a typical NFL season. A huge distraction for a huge percentage of the American public on any given Sunday. ISIS could take over the country at 2 PM eastern and most folks wouldn't even notice until suppertime.

whitedust

I watched it. More for the guys being inducted. Pretty cool.

Watched the Bears game last night. Effin Cutler.... I really don' t see him as a leader or being able to make the right split second decisions a qb needs to be able to do. Not to mention actually execute in a successful manner. I thought the O looked better with claussen out there.
I hope things work out. This has to be Cutlers last chance.

I am just happy to have football on. It has been rough this year on the baseball front. (WhiteSox fan) This weekend is cubs sox. Cant even get a cubs fan to bet me 5$ a game for the series.

Fox not going to stay with Cutler if unproductive and he is very familar with Clauson. JC was productive & throws a nice tight laser spiral...yes Cutler has talent but JC maybe better at this stage of development. Preseason games will be interesting at QB & 1st game the Bears seem to be jelling, are very aggressive swarming hitters lots of position competition. Lots of new players nothing lke the losers under Trestman.lol :)