How hot did it get in your area this weekend?

matti

Curious how hot it got in your area? Duluth hit 97F on Sunday, which was a record for the day; it was also the highest September temperature on record. Brainerd, MN hit 102F, which was also a record.

elf

We wee up at the cabin in Finland and saw 93 on Sunday. Too fricken hot and I was working on the roof all weekend. Yuck!

mezz

Here in the Keweenaw we had low 90's all week-end with dewpoints above 64 & humidity levels at and above 92%. The ground is still drier than a bone, at least up until last night when we finally got our 3rd siginificant rainfall of the season. I haven't checked my rain gauge yet, I know we received over an inch for sure, but the NWS said we received 2". I will check it when I get home for lunch. DING DING DING!!!! Winner Winner chicken dinner! Checked the rain guage, 2.30" of rain received last night! Thats the most singular rainfall event this summer & one that pushed our meager rain total a tad over 4". Pretty sad how dry it's been here especially considering the rest of the U.P. has been getting regular rains. I wonder what our winter will be like? A continuation of this dry below normal precip? Damn El Nino is messing this up.... Kind of curious to see what John has to say come October.

Last edited:

snobuilder

not as hot as the libtard climate change hype machine scare mongers wanted it to be.

Overall this has been one of the most pleasant summers on record.... in my book.

mezz

We are suppose to hit the upper 80's to near 90 today & Tues with high near 80 on Wed all with night time lows in the 60 degree range then start to cool down to the 60's. I'm not liking it this friggin warm at this time of year. It's been a contractors dream though.

matti

Yes, it's been toasty. Duluth was maybe in the mid 80s on Monday. Brainerd, MN had 89F Monday, which was a daily record as well as the highest temperature recorded in October for that town. They are predicting widespread frosts/freezes this weekend, I believe. I think the flip is occuring in a day or two.