How Is Your Snowmobile Club Doing?

whitedust

I just received some concerning news that a large Northwoods snowmobile club with hundreds of members has collected limited renewal membership dues.

What do you think is causing the lack of club renewal membership dues for 2024-2025? I know last year was a complete snowless skunk season never seen before but it’s mid October now and we should have pent up demand and anticipation for the upcoming season. What’s going on out there??

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's still early. Once the weather flips, we get some flurries, they'll come around. But it might be down from years past as you said, the year that never was.

durphee

To be honest, I haven't even really thought about it yet. Been so nice of a Fall the sledding bug hasn't totally kicked in yet. I will probably get mine in fairly soon.

mezz

Perhaps many are suspect of another lean snow season due to the Old Farmers Almanac "forecast" of the winter of 2024-2025 to not be as cold as usual & snowfall expected to be below average in the Upper Midwest.

chunk06

Top topic of conversation anymore even with people you don't even know is how expensive things are. People are broke and stretched thin, even people that don't appear that way. I'm going to guess that people will wait until the last minute to join a club to get the trail stickers.
Speaking of club dues, did anyone else get hounded all year from some insurance agents from Ohio? Started out that they wanted to verify my info for the small life insurance policy the AWSC offers but then it just got into them wanting to sell life insurance. This is the first time this has happened and they would not take no for an answer

whitedust

Top topic of conversation anymore even with people you don't even know is how expensive things are. People are broke and stretched thin, even people that don't appear that way. I'm going to guess that people will wait until the last minute to join a club to get the trail stickers.
Speaking of club dues, did anyone else get hounded all year from some insurance agents from Ohio? Started out that they wanted to verify my info for the small life insurance policy the AWSC offers but then it just got into them wanting to sell life insurance. This is the first time this has happened and they would not take no for an answer
I’m not surprised and I was suspicious of that offer didn’t take the bait. That’s bad sorry you are being hassled. Does the AWSC know?

chunk06

I’m not surprised and I was suspicious of that offer didn’t take the bait. That’s bad sorry you are being hassled. Does the AWSC know?
I'm not one to complain, especially to an organization like AWSC. It just left a bad taste. I could understand someone that is not a big enthusiast not paying club dues and just buying trail permits instead though. I don't think I did anything different joining that I have in previous years.

ddhanna

Yeah, AWSC got themselves permanently embedded when trail passes came out. It sucks that you are forced to join AWSC (a largely political organization) in order to get a trail pass discount. I'm surprised that never got challenged in the courts. Now we also get spammed with their insurance.

jr37

Yeah, AWSC got themselves permanently embedded when trail passes came out. It sucks that you are forced to join AWSC (a largely political organization) in order to get a trail pass discount. I'm surprised that never got challenged in the courts. Now we also get spammed with their insurance.
I was against the trail pass from the start. If more money is needed, just raise registration. I learned a lot in my 5 or 6 years as an AWSC Rep. and Director. I'm not a fan. I'm 55 and have been riding and involved my entire life. This year will be the 1st in my life that I'm not a club member.

hermie

Personally paid my dues for the three clubs I belong to last night. Yeah there are politics involved but there are politics involved in everything now days. Without these clubs and volunteers there would be no trails to ride. I try to do my part and get out and brush trails. Also through the season I will pick up branches and rocks off the trails.

Last edited:

SHOOT2KILL

I was an AWSC club member since 1971...Not any longer...I quit paying when the counties started getting chopped into riding zones...I dont care about the awsc trail pass discount, and I currently own 6 sleds that all have current registration and trail pass stickers...Matter of fact my Mi Trail Pass stickers just showed up in the mail today...