How much would you pay?

johnnyblaze

I have a buddy that has a 2002 Arctic Cat ZR800 Cross Country that he is thinking about selling cuz he needs some cash to fix his jeep. It has around 2000 miles on it I think. It had an APV aftermarket one piece head on it when he blew both head gaskets on it. APV is no longer in business so he cant get the gaskets and o-rings needed to reuse this head. So I told him I would find him all the parts to put it back to stock, which I did. Both heads, the water neck piece that connects both stock heads, and all gaskets 0-rings etc. Well now he doesnt want to fix it cuz he needs the cash, and wants to sell it as is. He seems to think he can get a kings ransom for it, cuz it has quite a few other after market goodies on it, He just recently got into snowmobiling and doesnt know a great deal about the sport. He seems to think he can get the blue book price for it, which is around $2400 bucks I think. I told him he was crazy! I'm thinking about offering to buy it from him. I could use your guys help in figuring out how much to offer him for it. It's a very nice sled, but it now requires a bit of money, and time to get it going again. Please help me, it would be greatly appriciated! Thanks!

S

skylar

After market goodies really mean nothing to the value of the sled. I've always felt that unless you pull the after market parts off when you sell the sled, and sell those parts on their own, you pretty much are going to lose that money. That being said, with the work that needs to be done to the sled, I would say 1500-2000. Right now at this time, the sled does not run, so it isn't worth very much. IMHO.

whitedust

Take his BB value & subtract cost of repair( parts & labor) then deal from their. Otherwise a non running sled with mods will catch dust forever. As Skylar said you eat aftermarket goodies on resale & you purchase them for the buyers enjoyment only. Might get 25 cents to the dollar on goodies. Your bud is lucky you are interested for some quick cash to help him out. There are lots of good used sleds for sale just check JD for used supply.

ezra

let him try to sell it as is and when it is still sitting around xmass give him the 900 bucks .last year I had probs trying to sell a zr800 for a bud it was mint the guy that owned it is over 60.it had alot of parts like black majic pipe shaved head board carbs cultching gearing rottens with less than 300 mi on them sled ran verry strong finaly sold it to a guy who knew the sled for 2400 bucks oh yeah it had about 2700mi.

chad66

This should ruin his day...I sold the same sled in good shape and running 3 years ago for $2,200! The older chassis sleds just dont bring much money no matter the make. He'd be better off parting it out at this point.

Chad@M&M

I agree with everyone, especially Chad. People that don't know much about sleds don't realize the older chassis sleds are obsolete. I wouldn't take the sled unless he was paying me to take it off his hands lol. My two cents: I don't really think it's worth more than $1200 - $1400 as is.