How to bleed oil pump on polaris snowmobile

2003polaris

Can someone help me on some info, I have a 2003 Polaris 600 touring sled. The rubber grommet on the bottom of oil tank is leaking. Need to replace and bleed the pump, where is the screw for it. Don't see it, does anyone have a picture, and how do I bleed it? The tank drained out, do they go bad? Had a fuel line issue and now have an oil issue. Is it hard to fix ?Thanks

xcr440

Those grommets are a bit of a pain, because of what you all have to take off to get to it. Then, when you put a new one on and it still leaks, you'll need to figure out a better way to make it seal. Good luck.

When it comes to bleeding, as long as there is oil at the top of the line where it attaches to the bottle, you may not need to bleed. If it was leaking around that grommet at the bottom of the tank, the line should still be full of oil.

2003polaris

Where is the bleeder screw on the pump? Will and kind of silicone hold up. The bottle is empty, it all drained out through that grommet. What should I do? Will the line drain also? Thanks

dofo1

Can someone help me on some info, I have a 2003 Polaris 600 touring sled. The rubber grommet on the bottom of oil tank is leaking. Need to replace and bleed the pump, where is the screw for it. Don't see it, does anyone have a picture, and how do I bleed it? The tank drained out, do they go bad? Had a fuel line issue and now have an oil issue. Is it hard to fix ?Thanks

The bleed screw should be on the top of the oil pump, should have a hex head (5/16?) and a slot for a screw driver, just loosen it until oil flows out you do not need to take it out.

The rubber grommet on those oil tanks are known to leak even with a new grommet, you will need to put something on it to seal it, RV silicon should work, I have used non hardening Permatex.

2003polaris

Thanks for your help dofo1, and not a smart answer back from some other people. There are no perfect people in the world. Thanks