how to post pics

frnash

Click on the Post Reply button, and put any related text in the Message Box, then:

1. If you have the picture on your computer, and you do not have access to a web site where you can park a copy of the picture, then the best you can do is post one or more "thumbnail" image(s). To do so, just scroll down the page, and among the Additional Options, click on the Manage Attachments button.

A new window will pop up, allowing you to Browse on your computer to locate the picture that you want to post. Click that Browse button, and find the picture, then click the Upload button. Repeat for additional pictures.

2. If you do have access to a web site where you can park a copy of the picture or pictures, do that, then you can put a picture in line with the text of your message.

Place your cursor at the point in the message where you want the message to appear, then click on the Insert Image icon in the Tool Bar at the top of the Message window:

Message%20tool%20bar.jpg

A new window will pop up, allowing you to enter the URL (web address) of the image file. Repeat for additional pictures.
<hr size="2" width="75%">Finally, when you are done adding images (regardless of which way you supplied the pictures) you may then click on the Preview Post button at the bottom of the Message window to see what the resulting message will look like.

Make any necessary corrections, then when you are satisfied that the Preview looks the way you want it to, just click on the Submit Reply button.

frnash

Thanks frnash. Well written. Even a non computer person like me should be able to follow those steps.
Thanks! I sure hope it's helpful. (I've been intending to document that procedure for some time now. So now I finally got a "round tuit"!) :)

As is often the case it's far more difficult to describe clearly than it is to just do it.

It still seems inscrutable to me that you're limited to posting "thumbnails only" directly from your computer, and can't just embed a picture in the message text without needing access to another web site as an intermediary. Plain stoopid?

Incidentally, since any picture "embedded" in the message text is really represented only by a link (URL) pointing to the picture at the source web site, I'll betcha that if that picture is ever deleted from that source web site, the image will no longer appear in this forum, 'cuz the link will no longer be valid.

Maybe this is just a way to shift the storage burden from forum's server to "yours"?

Last edited: