How would you stud Indy 400

milkmilkmilk

Went riding this weekend and due to the ice it became apparent pretty quick that we need to put something on this little sled for traction.
It my younger sisters and she did well compensating for it but had to get dumped once to learn :p

We really just want a little something for icy conditions. I think 96 on this sled with her riding style would be overkill.
Originally we were thinking two every other window for 48 but also considering a two/one pattern for 72.

WWYD?
We don't plan on doing anything this season but want to get it squared away over the summer.

polarisrider1

An indy 400 is a old sled. you sure you want to put the money into the track? 92 studs is my answer. more studs equals less stud pull thru's. but to many is a waste. Most stud manufacturers have a HP to stud ratio they use. you could get by with 72.

polarisrider1

And run them all in the center section of track, old track and damage is far greater on outer edges., You also need to make sure you have stud protectors in your tunnel.

winter_time

In my opinion I would not waste the time to stud that track. I would look into getting an ice ripper track which comes studed but the studs are built into the paddle so you do not get the tear out from a stud. If you keep your eye on ebay or attend a couple swap meets you should be able to find one at a pretty cheap price. I paid $350 for mine a couple of years ago and that was brand new without shopping around for price.

polarisrider1

In my opinion I would not waste the time to stud that track. I would look into getting an ice ripper track which comes studed but the studs are built into the paddle so you do not get the tear out from a stud. If you keep your eye on ebay or attend a couple swap meets you should be able to find one at a pretty cheap price. I paid $350 for mine a couple of years ago and that was brand new without shopping around for price.

Thank you Joe. agreed. still the track will cost about what an Indy 400 is worth.

snake

96 down the middle,where in wi are you located? I have used ones I'll make you a good deal on,and they're in good shape

700classic

Let's see. Probably not looking to send too many $$$$$. Not looking to launch out of the hole faster then the next guy. Just a little more security on your ride. Go with the 72.

ezra

48 is fine on a 400. 72 is the max I would bother with.
I usual just put the min in any of my wife's sled just for ice and icy corners the last z570 had 48 was just fine never a pull through.
trying to ween her off studs the f8 has none trying to get her use to sliding them around the corner