Hurley/Mercer area

MKW

Rode out of Hurley Tuesday late morning. Took trail thru Gile down to Willy's Still stopped for lunch. Mostly plowed roads were good with a decent base, roads that were not plowed(trail) were rough. Then rode south down to Corridor 8 took that towards Mercer/TFF, that had not seen a groomer yet this year, was just one set of tracks ahead of us but stayed on it till trail 12 then popped out on the Iron Horse just north of Mercer. Stood up the entire 20 plus miles braking trail, ran across of few wet spots but nothing major but very few trees down. Was very surprised that had not been groomed or rolled as that is the main corridor east and west. Stopped at the Yukon then headed for Iron belt that trail was decent till the first intersection then ungroomed and rough to Iron Belt. Took main trail back to Hurley past Penokie Mine that was decent. Only put a measly 100 miles on but spent most the day boondocking trying to get to Mercer so felt like 200. Of the 100 miles i would say 70 ungroomed and very rough 30 groomed or rolled(at some point). Should have headed up to Saxon then to the UP, my mistake I should have known better than to head towards Mercer. All in all it was decent to be out for the first ride of the season but definitely nowhere near what I thought it would be, but hey, any riding before Christmas anymore is just a bonus.