Hurley, WI ATV Rally...Going for the record...

Jackal

Anyone planning on coming to Hurley, WI on Memorial Day weekend 2010? Dates are May 28th-31st... It is the 25th Anniversary of the rally & We'll be going for the record of longest ATV parade on Saturday May 29th at noon...we're hoping to have over 2000 ATVs in the area... if you've never been to the area before, there are over 200 miles of trails in Iron County alone and you can take the trail in Michigan out toward Wakefield and Marenisco...This is your opportunity to be part of record breaking history and it is incredible to see all of the quads taking up both lanes of Silver St. It's gonna be fun and always sure to be a party... Thats why they say Hurley is where HWY 51 ends and the fun begins...

henkman

I think side by sides are ok for the parade, but just not on the trails. The parade just goes down silver street and not on the trails. Check the Wi ATV laws to be sure though.

ran

Thanks Henkman,

That's kinda what I thought. WI is really behind the 8-ball on the side-by-side issue. We've trailered to TN, WV and KY to ride some of the best trails in the country (IMO) with our Polaris Rangers. Those areas cater to side-by-side riders and bring in tons of money as a result. Many of the near-by towns where we've riden allow you to drive the city streets (with some restrictions).

Jackal

To clear up any discreptancies... Side by side laws and rules are now determined by each respective county in Wisconsin. You still cannot by a 2 year registration for them, but you can purchase a $35/ 1 year trail sticker and ride them in any county that has authorized their use on trails. Iron County, WI & Hurley, WI do allow them on the trails. I have many friends who ride the trails with their side by sides (Rangers, Razors, etc.) now that the rules have changed. You will also be allowed to ride along with the other ATVs in the parade, but due to Guiness Book's specifications, your side by side does not count as an ATV toward the record...So feel free to come and ride and join us for an always amazing parade...and a great rally all weekend long...also the parade is only run on about 4 blocks of street...the parade route is about 2 miles long run mostly on trails from the Cary area...Figured I should clear that all up since I live here and ride in the parade and rally every year and try to hit the trails every weekend... Also for those that have not been here, there is also a Poker Run during the rally in which you can pay a $10 entry and stop at about 15 different businesses all over Iron County. And of course, the night life on Silver Street is always fun with about 22 bars in walking distance of each other!

Last edited:

Jackal

Just to make sure all my info is correct, i am gonna contact our local conservation officer and ask him the important questions... i was told tonite that the state ran a pilot program last year on side by side use and nothing has been decided as of yet...but the local c/o told us last year that as long as a trail sticker was affixed that we were good...

ran

Jackal,

I'm familar with the Pilot program that WI ran. My county (Lincoln) was one of the counties that opted in. The program sunseted last September. I also know that MI is much more UTV friendly. I have property near Ewen and we can ride our Ranger around there all that we want (with a trail sticker, that is).

Jackal

Hurley, WI

Side by sides may be allowed this year, but will not know more until closer to the riding season... We still need as many ATVs as possible to shatter this record, so make your plans to come to Hurley on Memorial Day weekend and have a great time on the hundreds of miles of trails...