I dont know who's fault it is but...

euphoric1

Ok so ENOUGH is ENOUGH already!!! will someone please light a match under old man winter or mother natures butt!! Bring on the cold! and the snow!! what gives???

This winter is really weird so far. Every weather person I watch was calling for cold and snow this winter. So it has me wondering what atmospheric phenomenon has taken place so far that no one seen coming?

euphoric1

watching john's map I was beginning to wonder if I was becoming color blind, I blamed my buddy who just started riding last year, purchased a new sled this year! he went out to Wyoming, doesn't sound like the place to go if you just like trail riding, boondocking yes not just trail, Hoped he would bring snow back with him but no luck uuugh. The wind is coming out of the wrong direction too! sounds like just enough snow in north woods to make rideable in places, hopefully things will change...and soon!

euphoric1

Polaris Snow Check? I heard they are waaaaay late getting shipped out and many arriving without shocks at the dealerships.

Yikes!!! I know it was a banner season for them as far as side by sides and atv's go, snow check sleds not all delivered yet? WOW, parts supply problem? workforce issue? that's crazy!

440_chazz

My wife is pregnant with a due date February 25. February will bring epic snow and there will most likely be a blizzard taking her to the hospital. I've made the sacrifice. You're welcome.

xcr440

Polaris Snow Check? I heard they are waaaaay late getting shipped out and many arriving without shocks at the dealerships.

Yup - I'm sure this wonderful thing going around has hurt them like most everyone else. I got an email on the 28th saying it was shipped on the 25th of Dec. They called a day later to tell me that was sent out incorrectly, and my scheduled build date is now Jan 7 with a ship date of the 11-13th time frame. Guess we will see! There's a reason I didn't sell the other two I have to ride.....

Stench

Always trying to compare different data points out there.... As always, I trust this site and this community the most.....
But for reference, Polaris Ride Command has several positive trail reports.... Stuff like "Bergland to Bruce Crossing is great" and "Trail 3 from Greenland to Houghton is as good as it gets."

Can we get a confirmation on here?

Lord knows those reports on Ride Command are pretty subjective to the individual reporting them.

mrbb

old man winter is just a Tease now
he gives snow then takes it right back
at the end of dec I got almost 2 ft of snow here,(some places got over 40 incghes just north/west of me) nice and cold, trails opened in nice shape, then like 2 days later or so, it went to 60 degree's 4+ inches of rain and BYE BYE SNOW

and to make matters even more insulting, as soon as the rain melted ALL the snow, ( in a 24 hour period, we went from 20's to 60's to 20's) it dropped into the low teens
making everything nice and ice coated
never seen so much snow come and go SO fast before, !

new years night, started off in 20's then rains for 8+ hours, 1/2 inch of ice on everything, and next day mid 50's
(thank god as ice was super bad)
melted that and back into 20's>
NOT even sure exactly how it rains when its in the 20's, but old man winter has his tricks I guess!

then last night
I got 5 inches of snow here low 30's and as of right now closing in on low 40's and sunny , so BE BYE SNOW AGAIN!

Old man winter is just a tease anymore in MY area anymore!
as its
been a few yrs since we had any real snow last more than a few days it seems! and we used to have good riding for weeks here!

how a days its a ere today gone tomorrow winters
with nothing but huge
temps swings !

timo

all depends were you're located.
can't complain in SE WIs.
got about 12-14 inches on ground. that's rare for Jan 4
trails opened for the weekend of Jan 1,,, even rarer. there's been years in the last 10 where they don't open down here all year.

trails open in northern Ill. ,,, even rarest.
going to get a little warm this week but don't look to be out of hand.
Not all gloom and doom.

bonnevier

My wife is pregnant with a due date February 25. February will bring epic snow and there will most likely be a blizzard taking her to the hospital. I've made the sacrifice. You're welcome.

Come on 440...everyone knows you need to knock her up in Sept/Oct!
Have the baby in May or June and don't miss a beat on snowmobile season
Rookie mistake!!!

wisco-mb

all depends were you're located.
can't complain in SE WIs.
got about 12-14 inches on ground. that's rare for Jan 4
trails opened for the weekend of Jan 1,,, even rarer. there's been years in the last 10 where they don't open down here all year.

trails open in northern Ill. ,,, even rarest.
going to get a little warm this week but don't look to be out of hand.
Not all gloom and doom.

I put about 300 miles on in S. Dane County/Jefferson/Rock over the weekend. At least I got the itch scratched. Good to see a lot of families and old iron out!

Come on 440...everyone knows you need to knock her up in Sept/Oct!
Have the baby in May or June and don't miss a beat on snowmobile season
Rookie mistake!!!

My wife is also a snowmobiler. We both agreed for a late spring baby! He came April 30th:excitement:

euphoric1

My wife is also a snowmobiler. We both agreed for a late spring baby! He came April 30th:excitement:[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute... I want people mowing their lawn by then