I39/51 Southbound From 8 to S

harski

I see it's going to be another fun year driving through here. Has it been like that all summer or just with the start of the cold temps? Better buckle down those sleds and gear as it's only going to get rougher!!!

racerx

It was not that bad in the summer and early fall but it was there, although we have been doing the 17 route more.

harski

It was not that bad in the summer and early fall but it was there, although we have been doing the 17 route more.

I'll definitely do the 17 route coming back from that way. You're kinda stuck on 51 when you come from the north!!

landoman

This is the spot that Wisco wants all your dingleberries to fall off. They don't want any of that funny colored snow down south.

harski

This is the spot that Wisco wants all your dingleberries to fall off. They don't want any of that funny colored snow down south.

Might have to warn momma to hold on to her Ta tas too as you don't want her to get to sore (or mad!)! I get to have fun rolling through Sunday again!

She is a rough one for sure. I had to laugh yesterday watching my daughter try to text in the truck. I had a can of mixed nuts along, by the time I hit Wausau they were sorted by size and weight.

snomoman

So I guess the consensus is to take 17 from the start (I think you jog off 51 via rt. 64?) and take that up to eagle river then?

jedoyle

We took 17 on the way home yesterday & she was smooth as butter. I am thinking 17 is the way to go up & back. I haven't looked at what the exits say while heading north but yes 64 is the few blocks between 51 & 17.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I take 17 up and back, a lot less traffic, smoother, better scenery, I usually roll along at 63-64 mph.