Ice Scratcher Opinions

Yooper_Bob

Another vote for the Duraflex.

Two season with 'em now, and zero issues. Have them on my sled and 'da wifes also.

Make sure to store the sled with 'em unhooked to prevent a permanent bend from setting in.

sMgE46M

Every time i see someone running the cables they are always up and never are touching the snow... The ski doo ones work great. First year with them on my new sled but I know people that have ran them since last year and they are like new still.

Ski doo also has the set that are further up on the skid but you have to drill into it (unlike the other ones that bolt onto the existing wheel mount).

Just be careful with the ski doo ones as a cabin neighbor was pickup and dropping his sled to get the ice off (never had them up), one snapped and nailed his truck.

alwaysright

gotta say this has provided a lot of clarity for me,

Duraflex - good for reverse, bad as they can lose shape or start to not provide as much pressure and snow kick up over time, possibility of wearing on your rails funny, carbide tip needs to be replaced from time to time.

wire - bad for reverse, need to buy new more often? Way better on the price.

Thanks all I'll be going with the wire as I probably use reverse 3-4 times a year, more often than not I can find pull through parking and I don't feel the need to pull my ski tips up to the hotel door just so I can use my reverse.

If I used reverse a lot I can see the duraflex would probably be better but the reverse so rarely gets used its not a concern for me, plus I will only be using them when in low or crusty snow, I won't have them down all the time.

Some things don't need to be over-engineered

ac600sp

I have the duraflex cable ones. I like them, the kick a good amount of snow for the powerclaw track I run. Don't have to worry about reverse either.