Idaho - Priest Lake and Kellogg Areas

blutooth

I spent some time over the holidays with my in-laws in the Spokane, WA area. We had hoped to rent sleds for a day, but the rain the first 3 days did not cooperate. The snow line was about 3,000 ft, and this time of year there should be at a least a foot everywhere. Anyway, we did some hiking in the Priest Lake area and checked out the trails there (they were ridable with about 3' up top, but not at $150 x 4 rental sleds). All of the trial head parking lots had one or 2 trucks in the lots when we drove by, but it looked like mostly people tuning and riding logging roads. We also went skiing in the central Panhandle of Idaho at Silver Mtn (first 3 pics from 5,000' up).

Thought it was funny, the small town of Kellogg, ID is home to the world's largest Dodge Truck Dealership (from the gondola going up the mountain you could see his 6 different lots across the small town) - Dave Smith - I hear him advertising on Sirius Sat radio all the time...

At least they are pics of snow!
CopyofDSC00044.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

Saw this family loading up in Priest Lake. Note they had 2 120's riding trail, and he hooked his crane up to the steering post of his Summit to get it on to his flatbed - they don't mess around in Idaho!
:eek:
loading.jpg

doospunk

Sounds like you made the most of it. Nice pics too. Wish my in-laws lived out west, rather than 10 minutes down the road. :eek: (Guess that could be interpreted a couple ways!) lol