If you want to ride this coming weekend!

WorkHardPlayHrd

Go to Grand Marais Michigan. I could not believe how beautiful their Trails were this weekend. Absolute A plus. Passed groomer on Section 8 East for Pine stump on Saturday late. And they were grooming again on Sunday evening parts of Trail 89, 8, 88, and 888. Trail 443 was pristine for this time of year. There Trails were truly a joy to be on and absolutely unbelievable for this time of year. Second place goes to seney. They are only grooming the north section of their Club but Trails 43 and 431 are as good as they can get them. Make sure if you take Trail 43 into seney you take the detour down the Fox River Road that is groomed. Both towns will result in some carbide wear, but they aren't that terrible to get in and out of. Or you can fuel up in town and trailer outside parking areas. Remember that Pine stump Junction is no longer open is closed for the season. And there is a very bad area of logging on trail 9 North from Red Wolf inn 4 miles heading north west.

Was also were in Munising stayed at the Buckhorn the first night I really like the place, and the people are fantastic. I would rate the trails as good on Saturday, but coming back in late last night from the bear trap bar to shingleton was poor. Medium sized rock hard short Moguls and they were not grooming that way last night. Munising had freshly groomed Trail 8 from Shingleton past Trail 7 South. Looks like they'd also headed up to Miner's Castle on 422. Also had not groomed Trail 7th South. So if I was looking to go riding this coming weekend and temps did not get extreme and there was no rain storms of significance I would look for the Grand Marais area. You will not be disappointed. As of Sunday the ice was solid out to see Au Sable lighthouse from Hurricane Creek, but the lake was really throwing some big waves.