IL Chain of Lakes and out of state boat

snowdance

Boat registered in Wisconsin. What is needed if anything to go on the IL Chain of Lakes? Is there an out of state pass or anything needed? TIA

snoluver1

You can pick up a one day sticker at the boat launch @ Chain O Lakes state Park. I think they are like $15 bucks.

whitedust

Hassled the crap out of me on PWC didn't have day sticker & didn't know where to get 1. Never going back there again pulled over 3 times on the river in 1 hour shake you down top to bottom.:(

RHFD547

I'm not surprised with this state! The authorities always welcome you with an open hand while holding a citation in the other.

joshwagner

I'm not surprised with this state! The authorities always welcome you with an open hand while holding a citation in the other.

Wisconsin is literally just as bad. Each lake has its own set of rules and regulations and cops. Most are pointless and each is served with a citation.

chicagosledder

The problem is Illinois is broke from all the politicians treating the budget like their own piggy bank. I do nothing here when it comes to vacation or pleasure. I can't get out of here fast enough.