Illinois boaters and sledeers check you regestation dates

ill marty

,The dnr will no longer send out reminders to renew your registration Its up boat and sled owners to renew on there own.GO TO DNR WEB SITE TO RENEW YOUR STICKERS JUST A HEADS UP

ss440

Been waiting 7 weeks for my new sticker for my boat, I called and they are still not caught up sending out reg stickers from June

jerkbait_1075

ss440,

That's really weird because I sent in for my registration on my boat on July 3rd and the stickers came in the mail on July 22nd???? The state of Illinois???? Gotta love it....... What a joke.........

mtb1115

LOL, I just went through this when I discovered my boat reg. expired. I find it dumbfounding the the DNR decided to save money by not billing us for the renewal and raised the price from $18 to $50 plus the $2.50 online convenience fee. I hope my electric or gas companies don't adopt this idea, where they don't tell you what you owe, making you find out on your own. I called their office and did find out that they only have 4 people in the department that handles all of the watercraft and snowmobile issues for the entire state and the sticker/registration printing is automated meaning if you pay the fee and renew online you will receive your tags in about 2 weeks if you mail your check and form in to them, that and everything else is hand processed in order received thus the delay. The lady I spoke with said that the renewal notices (AKA the bill) were all hand processed also which added to the work load. I know the DMV has some nice automated billing stuff for vehicles but alas its a different department... Makes sense right ?

durphee

Exact reason I register my sled in Wisconsin. I give illinois plenty of my tax money and don't want them wasting any more.

blkhwkbob

Well, that explains a lot. When I didn't get my renewal notice I blamed it on a change of address. When I called a few weeks ago, the automated answering thing said they were processing registrations received IN EARLY APRIL. I did it online and the sticker came in two weeks. I have an idea. Why don't they use former Governors to process this stuff? Captive labor force.

mtb1115

Well everyone knows that the former Governors are way too busy making those defective $101 dollar license plates... LOL, seriously I have my snowmobiles registered in both Illinois and Wisconsin and they (Wisconsin) seem to have no problems and their registration runs 2 years vs Illinois 3 year. It seems silly that a small investment in hardware would improve their efficiency but they refuse to do so, even with the fee increase..... IMO.