Illinois Chain O' Lakes

utinans

and they're off,lot of sleds out riding,almost fresh 4 inches of snow,if ya see what looks like slush in middle of lakes be careful it probably is thin ice,but don't look to bad out there

so i was waiting for all the yahoos to drive around and leave tracks. then i figured out as i was the yahoo when it was all fresh snow. went around the lakes today not too bad open by dinos channel by fox lake . petite fox ok nippersink ok went under grass lake bridge on west side ok saw some open under the bridge but cold should help. ackerman by the port is wide open. i don't think it will freeze the land bridge is not there. went to choppers through the cattail channel all good. runnem if you got them

yamaha24

See above post pretty much same report...... Rode all over Saturday and Sunday. Took the river up to Wilmot to get gas yesterday had to skip water to cross over to access land to be able to get there if you are riding with someone who is not into water skipping I would not bring them up the river.

bladeguy

See above post pretty much same report...... Rode all over Saturday and Sunday. Took the river up to Wilmot to get gas yesterday had to skip water to cross over to access land to be able to get there if you are riding with someone who is not into water skipping I would not bring them up the river.
How was it to Bridgeport?

utinans

93887009.jpg 6580F628.jpg CB724676.jpg BE6697FF.jpg alot of tracks out on lake marie in front of the sandbar,plenty of powder out there,just hoping we survive the warmup coming at the end of the week,doesn't sound good.would really ruin are early great conditions and be a big downer for the holidays,will see you know how things can change

Last edited:

utinans

not too sure how much ice is left,fox and grass should be ok, except for grass lake bridge,really opened up with the thaw.have noticed lots of open water pockets opening in middle of channel lake again,fox river is crap,some ice but not freezing like we want it especially more north you go into south wi. just doesn't want to freeze up.i noticed lots of the smaller lakes having open pockets in middle and really no ice fisherman anywhere,same thing with chain besides in the bays nobody looks to be going out far.was hoping for a good year especially with the great start in early december but that hope has fallen pretty bad.were all gonna need a miracle to happen soon before we get to end of january but its not looking good,next year sledders!!!

bladeguy

not too sure how much ice is left,fox and grass should be ok, except for grass lake bridge,really opened up with the thaw.have noticed lots of open water pockets opening in middle of channel lake again,fox river is crap,some ice but not freezing like we want it especially more north you go into south wi. just doesn't want to freeze up.i noticed lots of the smaller lakes having open pockets in middle and really no ice fisherman anywhere,same thing with chain besides in the bays nobody looks to be going out far.was hoping for a good year especially with the great start in early december but that hope has fallen pretty bad.were all gonna need a miracle to happen soon before we get to end of january but its not looking good,next year sledders!!!
I was hoping this cold spurt with maybe some snow after might help...

yamaha24

No no no don't say next year.... Lets be a little more positive please lol.. We really enjoy riding the Chain when we are not up north riding and we are all bummed about the lack of snow for sure, I also thought it was going to be much better this year.
The good news is we should build a lot of ice the next few days, and maybe with a little luck we will get some snow.