Illinois snowmobiling

heitz66

Who cares? Guy wants to ride, he'll ride. He could easily drive, from the Peoria area, an hour and a half north and be in the heavy band of snow and have good riding.

Thanks for defending my view of things, my point of view exactly. Not trying to start a debate just want some seat time and to meet folks with simalar interests

Last edited:

racerxnet

I live in Stillman Valley and will ride if the snow comes Friday or Sat. We have trails that run from the house to the Wisconsin state line. Last year I got 1 ride in and that was it. If you want to hook up on those 2 days (weather permitting) give me a shout.

MAK

J.Glenn

I live in Stillman Valley and will ride if the snow comes Friday or Sat. We have trails that run from the house to the Wisconsin state line. Last year I got 1 ride in and that was it. If you want to hook up on those 2 days (weather permitting) give me a shout.

MAK

Any trails from Northern IL will take you into Wisconsin pretty much. You can ride NW IL and those trails will take you into the Warren IL system and then up into Darlington/Gratiot WI area.

racerxnet

Any trails from Northern IL will take you into Wisconsin pretty much. You can ride NW IL and those trails will take you into the Warren IL system and then up into Darlington/Gratiot WI area.

He wants someone to ride with.... and yes, most trails will take you to Wisconsin.

MAK

heitz66

MAK

Thanks for the offer Max. Saturday would be great. I will send you a P.M.

ilzr6

I think there is a group of sledders getting together in Winnebago area. Go to doo talk Illinois area and track what the plan is. We are supposed to get a foot tonight/tomorrow morning. Have fun and let us know how the trails are.

racerxnet

Did a 40 mile loop with very good areas, to some moguls at the trail head. Was a good day. Probably put 150 miles on today.

MAK

Grant Hoar

We did a 109 mile loop Sat. Afternoon from Byron to Winnebago to Davis to Cedarville to Ridott to Leaf River back to Byron.

An attaboy to the Tri-County Alliance snowmobile group for a well-laid out trail system, very good signing and a very good map.

Saw two groomers, but powdery snow so wouldnt set up.

Overall very good ride, conditions from rough to really white, definitely worth doing. Last nights 4 inch fresh will just improve things.

Going to try McHenry and Walworth Counties today.

racerxnet

I thought the signage was the worst you could get. No trail numbers and several intersections not even marked. Saw many people with their maps out trying to figure out what direction to turn. It is, what it is though, and we don't have the resources due to low snow conditions. Just hope the trails hold up with the warm weather coming Wednesday.

MAK

Grant Hoar

The trail signage was different; no trail numbers or intersections. However, at all intersections there were signs telling you what town that trail led to, so with a map it was pretty easy to follow. Different than we see up north, but it works.

Anyone know where to drop near St. Charles or Elburn? Wanting to take my son out tomorrow before the warm up but don't have a map of the area and don't know where to drop. Thanks.