I'm gonna throw it off a cliff...........

Modman440

Well the Ole Polaris continues to throw me for a loop, as stated 99 700xc carb issues fixed, new belt fresh gas fresh oil fresh chain case lube. Track tension adjusted start sled up after tearing top end apart checking everything out. Also removed oil injection went to 40-1 pretty mix..... However!!!!!! Left the injection on the out side for the outer bearings. Sled ran for oh 20 min multiple throttle pulls well warmed up still have 2 stroke oil making a puddle on the ground I am at a loss could there be that much built up in the can or pipe? Smokes like crazy still as well. Carbs are built to appropriate measures for running premix and as I understand from an old racer who runs a local Polaris shop here in new Haven he claims I can unhook the outer lines as well but other places say to leave them hooked up because the outer bearing won't get oiled properly. The older fellow said the 40-1 is how they ran them after unhook ALL injection lines and that's how he still runs a 99 700xc like mine for 5200 miles, now would those be oiling so much for it to continue coming out?

MOD

srt20

Why did you unhook oil injection? Those things were probably richer than 40-1 from the factory.

You exhaust is probably full of oil. If the oil tank wasnt vented good, the heat from summer will push oil into the engine. Take the exhaust off and dump it out.

Modman440

Check valves were junk and they are 34 a piece for the carbs and 40-1 is ample 50-1 you will actually loose power I know this from dyno time with other motors and it's what my Ole race tech ran and still does. On his Polaris sleds

MOD

cooksend

Sled running for 20 minutes with only a few rips on the throttle is not enough to clear up a sled that is possibly a bit loaded up due to short start up and shut of scenarios. Wait for some snow and givver a ride. Make a mark on the oil bottle and check your ratio. You have a pic of the puddle of oil?

snobuilder

somebody say off a cliff?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3Fu6no7J8L8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

frnash

somebody say off a cliff? …

Hitto suomalaiset ovat vain hulluja! (Damn Finns are just crazy! -- I should know, I are one!)

Clever, too, combining snowmobiling & paragliding!
Anyone wanna try that off Brockway, and shoot for a landing on trail #3 or trail #134? :encouragement: