Im out...

nhra1000

Sold my 900 Turbo yesterday...felt the time was right....planned on selling at end of season and ordering a new one but I think i'm out...50+ years and its been a hell of a snowmobile journey...From Scorpions to Skidoos and all in between....have owned anywhere from 1 to 50 (vintage race sled collection) at a given time...raced them on grass and ice....own sleds that others raced...worked with a team to try and set the world record...pretty much lived sleds year around...trail riding any where from 100 miles to 5/6000 miles a season for decades...out west to out east riding and all points in between....feels weird but the time just seemed right and have the bikes to fill a void...and a Can am roaster. Enjoy the trails boys...maybe ill see you out there sometime in future..be safe!

mezz

Good to hear from you again, been a while. I was taken out of the sport I've held close to my heart for a little over 34 years due to health concerns, been 5 years now. I miss it very much, at least you decided to pull the pin just because you wanted to, not because you had to. Enjoy your time in another interest, it's all good, take care..

1fujifilm

Sold my 900 Turbo yesterday...felt the time was right....planned on selling at end of season and ordering a new one but I think i'm out...50+ years and its been a hell of a snowmobile journey...From Scorpions to Skidoos and all in between....have owned anywhere from 1 to 50 (vintage race sled collection) at a given time...raced them on grass and ice....own sleds that others raced...worked with a team to try and set the world record...pretty much lived sleds year around...trail riding any where from 100 miles to 5/6000 miles a season for decades...out west to out east riding and all points in between....feels weird but the time just seemed right and have the bikes to fill a void...and a Can am roaster. Enjoy the trails boys...maybe ill see you out there sometime in future..be safe!
I'm feeling your situation, at least you can always rent..Trackside has 650 Matryx's for $159 a day midweek and includes a damage waiver policy with max cost of $1,000..cheap. Do 200 miles and it's cheaper than owning.

Bear

meoget

Ah, Scorpions! I remember ripping the 440 Stings as a teenager. Beat the crap out of those things and they just wouldn't break no matter how hard we tried.

Take 'er easy!

elf

I'm feeling your situation, at least you can always rent..Trackside has 650 Matryx's for $159 a day midweek and includes a damage waiver policy with max cost of $1,000..cheap. Do 200 miles and it's cheaper than owning.

Bear
That makes so much sense if you’re only going to ride a few times per yr. Avoid the huge upfront costs, insurance costs, maintenance. If I lived down in the southern part of the Midwest and only made it up for a week per yr I’d just rent.

skiroule

If you really are done, by every measure you had a heckuva run. I doubt that many snowmobilers could match the scope of your sledding activities. Congrats on a sledding experience well done.