Impatiently waiting

bladeguy

First let me say that I'm glad the trails were not opened prematurely. The snow that fell in southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois is going to set up so nicely if you just let it get cold and freeze. It'll make a great base that will last a long time based on the cool weather in the forecast.
That said I'm dying to ride! I'm sure many share this confliction. Be smart. Don't open the trails too soon. But look at the forecast. Get on with it! Let me finish by sharing my appreciation for everyone who makes the trails happen from people who just join a club to those who helped run the club to those who mark the trails and groom them. I think we'll all see the fruits of labor very soon!

whitedust

First let me say that I'm glad the trails were not opened prematurely. The snow that fell in southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois is going to set up so nicely if you just let it get cold and freeze. It'll make a great base that will last a long time based on the cool weather in the forecast.
That said I'm dying to ride! I'm sure many share this confliction. Be smart. Don't open the trails too soon. But look at the forecast. Get on with it! Let me finish by sharing my appreciation for everyone who makes the trails happen from people who just join a club to those who helped run the club to those who mark the trails and groom them. I think we'll all see the fruits of labor very soon!
Totally agree with you. I have a club meeting tomorrow evening and looking forward to hearing their opening plans. Grooming or ride in or just stay closed until subzero moves in then groom after friday storm hits next week? Lots to consider

old abe

Yeah, well the wait is over down here! Pristine, perfect riding other than the cold temps, and my bad shoulder. 24" on the ground, with deep drifts, ride smart, be safe!

It is nice to ride at home again.
Been grooming daily, hope to ride Friday.
A couple warm days during the week coming up but, then looks to cool down with snow.
we have 12-18 base with winds that keep blowing in to farm the snow daily.
Have had some GPS issues but they have been great to work with to get corrected.
Enjoy while it is here!!