Information on 2003 or newer snowmobile

burger

Im in the market for a new snowmobile. I have a 2002 arctic cat zl 600, and want to move up to an 03 or newer, rev, fusion, phazer, vector, Im open to anything. I rode a 2007 500ss and was wondering if a 2003 would be about the same, and if the fusion, vector, phazer, or f series rode as good.

dab102999

Can't really comment on the newer yammys but an 07 compaited to 03 doo. The 07 will ride nicer, but the biggest thing is the bugs were worked out pretty good by that point. I personally never try to buy a sled more then 4 years old. the technology on these things just go leaps and bounds compaired to 10 years ago. I would venture to say that would be the case for all makes though.

ezra

o3 f7 is a great straight line rocket. I think for a trail sled your zl handels better. the f is a bit ezer to stand up when you see a big bump ahead.the saber has a bit softer ride .my 03 doo along with alot of other guys had crank bearing issues seald bearings not a great Idea. the wins for 03 to 04 for doo in sno x shows the domanance of the rev platform for the era. also if you are 6 ft or more the rev was not built for you.I have riden the fusion 600 nice sled nice ride but still a 121 so it will not span the bumps like a 128 or eaven better 136.I will never buy a 121 again 136 is a great trail track.not as fish tail spans bumps better hook up .I love my x fire would deff buy another.that 500ss you drove was prob a base line with non rebuild hyd shocks ectect.so a used 03 04 with a snopro package or just a better shock pacage will prob perform as well if not better than a 500ss.ps country cat had some new 05 sabers a few weeks back and rv sports had some new 06 crossfire 7 and thomas had a 06 xfire 6sp.but I still say that the zr was a great trail sled

burger

I am kind of looking for a 121 just because, I like to jump and they are cheaper. How would a fusion 600 ride and a rev ride compare.

nytro_rtx

burger, i have an 07 phazer for sale w/2106 miles for sale that i'd is my wifes sled that i sell for $4000 if your interested. i have it listed on here in the sleds for sale section. have a look if your interested let me know.
nytro

ezra

if you like to jump find a good used sno cross sled thay are built for it.dont buy a fire cat thay were not built for jumping.<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> I see you are 51 and still jumping all the power to you. I get leary eaven clearing drivways in fresh pow now days. all I think is how bad is this going to hurt and if I get hurt no money coming in till I can walk.

whitedust

The older we get the faster we were. But no doubt we are smarter now & break easier so keep the dirty side down & keep sleddin forever
happy.gif

burger

I think I have it narrowed down to a rev or a fusion 600. after reading the fusion 600 post, im kind of leaning that way. Can anyone tell me how they compare? Sorry to disappoint you all on the age issue but im 20, this is my dads account

ezra

depending on what rev if you are getting a 500ss I would faten up the jets thay run a bit hot and newer o7 o8 were doing alot of piston sticking