Inline Trailers Legend or RnR?

I'm looking at purchasing an inline trailer; I'm undecided on these two brands. I was thinking on the Legend Thunder. What are your experiences with these trailers?

Hey twodeere,

Is that a 7' or 7.5' wide trailer? They offer both widths. I need a trailer for 3 sleds and didn't think the 16' was long enough.

mjkaliszak

I have an R & R 16 extra tall ( 7ft wide ), fits 3 sleds well all shorties. The Legend probably makes a nicer trailer but with that the price goes up.

mvedepo

I have an R&R. I like it a lot. Good trailer for the money. Definitely some corners are cut over the Legend. My next trailer will be a Legend or Triton.

rv245

I would go with a 18 footer if you haul 3 sleds on a regular basis Especially if no sooner you get the trailer and someone wants to go to a 136 or larger. I also have a 7x16 RnR and love it. I had a steel frame 4 place 8.5x20 prior. When I was looking at getting another trailer, I wanted another Classic. But they were not in business any more, so that left Legend and RnR to choose from. I really like the Legends, but for the price and options that were standard on the RnR it was hard not to go with the RnR. I usually only have 2 sleds, but have put 3 sleds ( 1 - 136 and 2 - 121's) in my trailer but it's tight but do-able. The Legend thunder is a spring axle trailer if that matters.

polarisrider1

Go with the best trailer you can afford. The thought of the "Good" price soon leaves your mind as fast as the flaws appear. You truely get what you pay for with trailers. Do your homework. I have a R&R 2 place aluminum pc. of un- balanced, poor wiring, junk. Bought it strictly on price point and have not been happy with it since first sled went in it. I suspect R&R makes different grades of trailers. Triton if you got the money. Legend is nice to.

cmharcou

I bought the 32 foot Legend trailmaster in the spring. I also got the extra 6" tall which makes it a whole lot roomier. I've been using it all summer and it tows like a dream. I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

• Legend.jpg
    Legend.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 92

mjkaliszak

Go with the best trailer you can afford. The thought of the "Good" price soon leaves your mind as fast as the flaws appear. You truely get what you pay for with trailers. Do your homework. I have a R&R 2 place aluminum pc. of un- balanced, poor wiring, junk. Bought it strictly on price point and have not been happy with it since first sled went in it. I suspect R&R makes different grades of trailers. Triton if you got the money. Legend is nice to.

Must admit, when I shelled out the cheese for mine in 2005 or 2006 it was 6300 + tax, reg, ect... I was pissed when the noticed the wheels were not balanced ??? I didn't have any wiring issues but would have done things differently after the fact. To address your question about experiences.... I would get the SS hardware, the alum rims , and would consider the extra tall option. I did have my rig get blown sideways 1 time on black ice due to a severe cross wind. It was kind of spooky... Of course it may help if I slowed down a little. But being able to stand up in it is almost invaluable. I did not want something I was hitting my head in, ripping off face shields ect.... The only failures I have had with the R&R is the back bar light corroded and the roof leaked. Didn't notice it until the wood paneling started to get stained. They did re-seal it but never the less. Seems every year the trailer thread comes up but like said above "do your homework " there are tons of options and accesories. If you park it on grass over the summer , expect the jack & chains to rust... The grass gives off a gas that promotes rust !

polarisrider1

R&R must make different grades of trailers.Many guys are happy with theirs. My brother-in-law has a 32 foot Legend like cmharcou has but with a third axle. Not sure why, but that's how it came. He keeps it in a pole barn 8 months out of the year. His trailer is about 10 years old and looks brand new. But he washes it after each trip and waxes it once a year. I had a 4 place United that wasn't to bad. The manufacturer had sprayed polyurathane or some sort of clear coat on the aluminum rims and that all pealed off. I recommend brakes on each axle. Electric brakes and salt spray don't mix. (safety reminder) :)

polarisrider1

just bought a rnr in may and very happy with it so far it is a 718 will post pic if u would like
Send pics and report in the Spring. Just noticed my decals are all pealing off and LED tailight keeps "popping" out of the socket on passinger side from the aluminum sheeting flexing when trailer gets moved.

rakins800

I picked up a Triton 147.......14 ft. plus 5 ft. V, and very happy with it. Model year 2007,bought it used in 09 for $5,000.00. finished interior,guides,matts,two spring assist doors. In my opinion,Triton is the only way to fly. And it fits 3 shortys as well,+gear. My .02

twodeere

I normally put a 136" & 2- 121"s in my 716PS. I did have my 136", a Yam 144" & a 121" in there as well. They all fit but it was tight.

I bought the 32 foot Legend trailmaster in the spring. I also got the extra 6" tall which makes it a whole lot roomier. I've been using it all summer and it tows like a dream. I'm very happy with it.
cmharcou, do you put 4 long tracked sleds in that 32' Legend?

I was pondering the inline 28' long Neo All-aluminum Sport Flat top trailer. 81" wide X 286" long with a 55" v-nose.