International Bridge between Soo Mi and Soo Ontario is closing

sweeperguy

Just heard the Bridge to Canada is closed at 1pm ES time.
Due in part to Canadian citizens hoard buying in the United States. American citizens will be allowed to cross home. As will Canadians being able to go home. Commercial traffic will be allowed to cross.

Canadian over buying of resources UP there has been a issue for a long time. Gasoline, eggs, milk, etc.
Around Thanksgiving time, Canadian stores don't ever have the cheap turkey prices we see at Walmart etc.
They come over and buy 10-50 turkeys at a time.
Running joke on Mi side is, what're we eating for Thanksgiving dinner? Canadians bought all the turkeys.
LMAO.

pinestump

For u that do not know half the shoppers in the Soo we see are from Canada most of the time.
They come over here to save money.

eao

When I worked for the MDOT (ret) route surveys back in 2002 we did a mapping survey from 3 mi rd (Walmart Exit) North to the border plaza. One day we were leveling (setting elevations for project control) in the North bound lane along I-75 when one of my rodman wandered off the shoulder and found a pair of worn out jeans and other clothing,said he thought it was a body at first. He went though the pockets and found a wallet with credit cards and ID, Canadian citizen. Doofus bought new clothes at Walmart and changed and threw out his old stuff with wallet along the highway, it was just past the merge lane from 3 mile rd. We took it (and his pants) up the US Border office and turned it in. Lady told us, common for them to come down and shop Walmart and dispose what they don't want along I75 before the get to the border. There was a lot of liter, clothing, shoes and packaging etc that we observed coming down the ramp to 75. They informed me the Canadian border officials would see the owner got his wallet back and possibly fine him for littering. There was no money it. I wonder how long it took for him to realize what he did LOL.

Last edited: