"Internet Security 2010" Virus removal procedure

srobak

You can also download and install Malwarebytes and it will take care of it and a hundred other things you didn't realize were broken for you.

toolmaker

We received this same horse *$#! on our home computer on Sunday. Locks you out of everthing except the internet. Keeps popping up trying to sell you their service. Might have to look into this web-site. Our company IT guy says he can clear it for a little somethin-somethin.

ridesafe

You can also download and install Malwarebytes and it will take care of it and a hundred other things you didn't realize were broken for you.
NOT TRUE!
First you need to download a little file from rkill.com then upload malwarebytes and follow the directions in the link I gave.

Gee, how did you know you had it? was it obvious?

there is no mistaking you have it!!!

We received this same horse *$#! on our home computer on Sunday. Locks you out of everthing except the internet. Keeps popping up trying to sell you their service. Might have to look into this web-site. Our company IT guy says he can clear it for a little somethin-somethin.

Go to that site and follow the directions to a tee and you'll get rid of it. When you are all done delete Malwarebytes from your computer and up load it again so that the files are created properly. It explains why in the procedure.

toolmaker

Ridesafe
Which creek in Adams Co. are you north of? My parents used to have a cottage on Sherwood. You and Skyler usually have some nice photos from the area. Know it well.

ridesafe

Ridesafe
Which creek in Adams Co. are you north of? My parents used to have a cottage on Sherwood. You and Skyler usually have some nice photos from the area. Know it well.

the neenah creek.. lol

*shrug* MB took care of it for the dozen or so friends whose computers I had to fix with it.

Weird...I tried numerous times... MB would have an error and get booted every time during the scan process. From what I read in this link, was that "Internet Security 2010" deletes a file of MB when it is uploading.

srobak

Oh - well if you ever see that happen, just rename mbam.exe on a usb drive to blahblah.com and copy it back into the directory - works great.