Internet/TV providers.

polarisrider1

Who ya got! Pro's and Cons?

I really wanted Charter for Internet and Cable, they did a great job at my condo. Had Direct TV for 20 years prior and was very happy For TV and at&t for Internet and phone. During the house build the apartment complex made me use Comcast for all and they totally suck.

Not to get all Lenny lengthy, but Charter said 2 years ago, "no problem, build your house we have service there " not true exactly. 500 yards and $3000 to get it to pole in front yard. And give us a month to make it happen. I said, "what". Called DirecTV and they will be here tomorrow. AT&T on thursday. So the Charter guy who over looks the situation shows up today, 2 hours after setting up the other guys and says we will waive the $3000, but still a month out. Idiots. Did you know that last year out of the top 10 highest paid CEO jobs 6 were in communications. ???? What for???? Don't get me started on $15 minimum wage.

russholio

We have Wideopenwest, switched from Comcrap 12 years ago and haven't looked back. I don't know how their prices compare; they might not be the fastest, best lineup, or best picture (none of which is really that important to me, especially the TV part since we watch so little of it) but their customer service is first-rate -- light years ahead of our previous provider -- and that, to me, is worth something.

G

G

Direct TV for me for 20 plus years. Been very good. Heard numerous horror stories about Dish.

rv245

I want to like Direct TV, but here's my complaint. I call them a week ago just for pricing. I wanted the cheapest package, 6 receivers (not genies or what not) no upgrades or nothing. I proceeded to give them info, when they asked for my SS#. I lost it. I told them I just want a price quote. They said they needed it to run a credit check. Politely told them to get screwed and hung up. Then started getting all kinds of phone calls from unknown numbers. Goggled them and its Direct TV automated dialing. Called them again and told them to take me off the call list.

So anyways here it goes....... does anyone have a rough general idea of the monthly cost a no frills receiver?

As for me I have Comcast. I've had them for almost 30+ years. Never really had a problem with them except they are expensive (which one isn't). Looking for a cheaper provider. Also looking at taking one receiver up north.

sweeperguy

I've got direct tv, cancelling as soon as my contract is up . Had dish several years ago won't go back there either

sweeperguy

Missing yet another show because it's raining Can't count how many times this dish (directTV) goes out because of rain or snow

sweeperguy

With sticky heavy wet snow, or freezing rain then you have to go up on the roof and clear off the dish. And me I'm afraid of heights, at least in the winter the anxiety is a little less because I know snow cushions the impact.

eagle1

Like I said to the ATT sales lady that called, you cant beat the deal I get. Rabbit ears, price has never gone up. She then says, well we have some nice deals on cell plans. I said I have Verizon, unlimited data. She said, have nice day. Lol

chords

I wish every AT&T sales call would end that way.
" Have a nice day,, I wont bother you ever again "
No matter how polite or how many calls I ignore they keep calling. I will call/contact you Take me off the list. Gets annoying during my naps

eagle1

Ya they are persistent. I do have att u-uverse for home internet, and the amount of junk mail I get trying get me to sign up for they're cable is unreal. Probably be cheaper for them to give me free basic service then the amount mail I get in month!!

snowdance

Cut the cord a few months back. I had Dish and was paying roughly $95/month. I purchased a decent antenna, canceled Dish and now have Netfilx and HULU. I'm pretty well covered and pay $7.99/month (using someone's Netfix acct.). I don't regret at all. Yes, i've missed some sporting events, but not a biggy for me. Now come football season I just need to get all the Packers games or head to a friends...

mrbb

direct TV been food here for me, only on rare BAD storm might I ever loose a signal
in winter time with snow??
well, I do get build up on dish pending type of snow and what way the wind is blowing it
BUT I had my dish mounted so I can reach it from the ground with a pole I mounted a brush onto, so can clean snow off while standing on the ground real easy
have verizon for internet service(both houses), all I can say is its OK< some times its better than others and once in a while, it doesn't work at all
Only good thing is they bundle me with smart phone and home internet service(also do TV but get a better deal on my won there)
I still think they way over charge for what they provide, but rather know they got you, a sin my one house location they are the ONLY internet service you can get, ell till NOW that satellite net is out there, but thats NO cheaper thats for sure?
staying modern has its price tags LOL

Dave_B

Directv
Had it since 1997.
Unlike Comcast, never have had a billing, service or equipment problem.