Iron County / Journey North Rentals

revved

How are the trails in Iron County, MI around the Crystal Falls, Iron River and Amasa area? Any recommendations for scenic trails?

Also, has anyone rented from Journey North Rentals? If so, how was your experience?

I've ridden a lot in the UP but not around the Florence, WI area where Journey North is. Plus I sold my sled a couple years ago since all my riding buddies quit. I'm just looking for some light trail cruising with my son on a couple rentals. I'm also open to any suggestions for any other rental places.

Thanks in advance for any info or advice.

whitedust

Lots of closures for different reasons if it ain’t groomed it hasn’t been groomed all season. Call iron county for latest update. Check Polaris Ride Command for conditions and closures. Free app just load to your phone. Happy Trails👍

revved

Since I asked the question, I'll post the follow up.

Journey North is a great rental place. We got two 2023 Ski-Doo Renegades 600 efi 2 strokes for $268 total with tax each for 1 day. The sleds were like new with 500 miles on them. I will not hesitate to rent from them again.

We stayed on the WI side, Florence to Tipler to Long Lake to Fern and back to Florence. The trails were surprisingly good. Most of it was excellent with enough snow and recent grooming. There were only a couple icy corners and a couple snirty corners. The rest was much better than expected based on the lack of recent snowfall.

Since I asked the question, I'll post the follow up.

Journey North is a great rental place. We got two 2023 Ski-Doo Renegades 600 efi 2 strokes for $268 total with tax each for 1 day. The sleds were like new with 500 miles on them. I will not hesitate to rent from them again.

We stayed on the WI side, Florence to Tipler to Long Lake to Fern and back to Florence. The trails were surprisingly good. Most of it was excellent with enough snow and recent grooming. There were only a couple icy corners and a couple snirty corners. The rest was much better than expected based on the lack of recent snowfall.
revved do you think they will be ridable by this coming sunday?