Irons, Cadilac, Baldwin conditions?

cmharcou

Last Saturday and Sunday we were up there. SOme of the forest roads near cadillac were still good but any trails to the west of cadillac and south were shot.Mostly frozen mud. It started raining and got up to 40 degrees.I haven't been there this week but if I were to invest in a trip right now, I would head to the UP>

polarisrider1

Last Saturday and Sunday we were up there. SOme of the forest roads near cadillac were still good but any trails to the west of cadillac and south were shot.Mostly frozen mud. It started raining and got up to 40 degrees.I haven't been there this week but if I were to invest in a trip right now, I would head to the UP>

It is currently 37 at Nahtaka. Snow cone snow. And melting. Ditch banging is fair. Trail to Nahtaka is a plowed road. No shoulder. Go farther north.

Clintondf

What a winter...we were planning to go to wellston on the 28-1. But we cancelled 1st of this week. Heading to grand marais instead. As far north as we can get without falling in the big lake. Haha. There is a local guy that reports wellston/irons condition on HCS. Titled wellston area snow conditions.

polarisrider1

What a winter...we were planning to go to wellston on the 28-1. But we cancelled 1st of this week. Heading to grand marais instead. As far north as we can get without falling in the big lake. Haha. There is a local guy that reports wellston/irons condition on HCS. Titled wellston area snow conditions.

I should take up ice fishing. Ludington got snow last night but no trails. You may want to check out Pellston trails.

polarisrider1

I got 18" of powder snow sitting in driveway in 2 days. Got 1/2 of drive cleared. 18"to 20" of powder on forest roads. Trails look like fresh white ribbons. Baldwin south gets thinner. Reed City is thinner both still great trail riding.

polarisrider1

Just got home. Heading back up for 4 days Sunday morning. (Working on my house tomorrow ).

If you want to drop in Newaygo and ride up or at Cedar Rock and ride up then your good! No shortage of snow. Club 37 had a out 4 4place trailers and that was all at 3 pm today. Seen 2 sleds at Nahtaka.

polarisrider1

Come on up! Been here all week. Very little traffic. Got 6" of fresh on rock hard base. Man am I out of shape this year. Total of 18-24" off trail which is pretty soft. Worth the drive up. I will be at the club 37 fun run tomorrow.

polarisrider1

Had a near pipe freeze situation at minus 22. All under control. Anyone riding Irons sat. and Sunday and wants to run the gauntlet, let me know. Looking for a good pre- Togwotee work out. I found some serious hills by Branch Mi. To ride. Will be at club 37 at 9 am saturday.

polarisrider1

Just got home. Groomers do a great clean up on Sundays. Trails actually looked good even with all the traffic. I won 3rd place in the fun run. Also the only mtn. Sled entered. Lol. Heading back up this coming thursday. Hope the melt down stays south of Grand Rapids, Michigan