Ironwood, Mi Conditions

Highflyer

Anyone riding out of Ironwood right now? Curious how the conditions are now and what they will be like with a little snow in the forecast. Hoping to come up and ride North of there (toward Watersmeeet, Rockland, Gogebic) and South of there in Iron County.

Any info would be helpful.

1renagade

Iron County trails are in poor condition. We did get 2-3 inches of new snow on Sunday but need alot more. I would trailer to Bergland due to the lack of snow on the road sections.

Highflyer

Iron County trails are in poor condition. We did get 2-3 inches of new snow on Sunday but need alot more. I would trailer to Bergland due to the lack of snow on the road sections.

I'm hoping that region gets another 3-5" today with this storm in route.

1renagade

I was just giving my opinion of our trails. 1"-5" base does not cover alot of our rocks. Still snowing so hopefully the trails will be better for the weekend.

ryanslyne

Gogebic Range Trail Authority put a few pictures and a video on their Facebook page this week. Check it out, they definitely don't look like they suck...for what it's worth.

ryanslyne

Rode through 2 times over the weekend. Trails were good. Few icy corners and the reroute over by the ski hill wasn't greatest but was pretty decent. Rode from Mercer up to Hoop on gogo and enjoyed the ride.

rs

Highflyer

Did anyone ride Ironwood area and North this past weekend? I know Ironwood got pretty good snow on Friday from looking at the webcams. Wondering how the riding would be Thursday and Friday of this week.

Any info is appreciated.