Is a Ski-doo Elite that rare?

Anyone an expert on these? Anyone know how I can find one? Didn't know they'd be so expensive. Is there a hidden network I can find? Prefer a 2004ish..

WorkHardPlayHrd

Saw one at a farm auction 2 weeks ago. Needed a motor, but the frame and overall sled was nice. Had been stored inside since the motor went 13 years ago they said. It brought $400.

ilzr6

Yes, they are difficult to find. Many are in collections now. Be prepared to pay a few bucks for one.

goofy600

Agree they are kind of a cult thing, I was looking into them 5 or so years ago and pulling crazy money. Can only imagine what they are getting now. Don’t think you will find one for less then 15 to 20k.

1fujifilm

Anyone an expert on these? Anyone know how I can find one? Didn't know they'd be so expensive. Is there a hidden network I can find? Prefer a 2004ish..

Call Simonar Sports in Luxemburg, WI..ask for Dino.
They had a few and likely have parts too.

Bear

whitedust

What was the downfall of the Elite? I passed one on trail 8 and gave it a wide berth seemed darty. Was it underpowered, rough ride, or just plain dangerous to be pinned inside. I know a young girl drowned in one in Minocqua. Also was very pricey for its time. Maybe the elite would be more popular now days??

Highflyer

The price tag at the time was the downfall. I believe they sold from around 20k. Back in 2004 sleds were all under 10k. Fast forward to know everyone is blowing 20-30k on UTV's that are basically the same thing with a longer riding season. Given the popularity of the UTV market now I'm rather surprised a manufacturer has come back out with a SxS sled. I think it would sell much better then those Elites.

mezz

The price tag at the time was the downfall. I believe they sold from around 20k. Back in 2004 sleds were all under 10k. Fast forward to know everyone is blowing 20-30k on UTV's that are basically the same thing with a longer riding season. Given the popularity of the UTV market now I'm rather surprised a manufacturer has come back out with a SxS sled. I think it would sell much better then those Elites.
All you have to do is put on a couple of sets of tracks, wala, sxs sled. Granted it is not as nimble or as fast as a sled, but it would work.

old abe

All you have to do is put on a couple of sets of tracks, wala, sxs sled. Granted it is not as nimble or as fast as a sled, but it would work.
Yeah, well a bit more to it than that mezz. I had friends who had the ol twin track Raiders. Granted they where only single seat. The last Doo Elites were a solid unit.