Is there enough snow anywhere in lower Michigan to ride this weekend?

saber

Just curious. Looking to head to the cabin and am willing to trailer somewhere to get the first ride in. Wife says I have to do it because I am driving here nuts.

Saber

snow_monkey

Leaving for Ranch Roudolf Saturday a.m.!!! If no go we will be launching from Petosky!! My brother said there have been sleds running all morning.

mride460

No ridable snow in the lower yet. Some pockets of 8 to 12" of LES but as we all know it takes about 12" of LES to make 1" of packed base.

sledheadM6

10 inches here at my place west of gaylord.Sleds have been running the rail trail in town and it looks like alot of track spin right to dirt.My sleds are staying in the barn till we get more.

700classic

One of my fellow drivers said today he saw the Groomer heading out from Charlie's Corner in Grayling. Looked like he was going out to start packing in a base.

mride460

Several clubs in the NWL & UP have started panning today. Remember a foot of LES doesn't pan down to much base.
So like sledheadm6 said. Lots of spinning up dirt, rocks and gravel!!

Houghton Lake is a little bit south. Been getting snow north of there from what I've seen.

I am on the north side about 10 miles south of 4 mile rd. You can haul your sled up if you like but i'm tellin ya save your gas. I just went to Kalkaska today....wouldn't even think of riding my sled yet. I would love to tell you there is ridable snow in Grayling but I would be lying.