is there such an app or program....

euphoric1

I offer a pick up and delivery service at my shop, is there an app where I can enter multiple addresses and it give me the best possible route with my shop being the beginning and ending point that will show how long it should take? has anyone used or are using a GPS locating device in their vehicle for the purpose of tracking where employees are? any recommendations on these questions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!! THANK YOU in advance!!!

snomoman

When I have multiple stops I’ve always used Google Maps, it seems to give the best route information, best routes and mileage/time, as far as the second question keeping track of the employees I’m not sure on that one

euphoric1

When I have multiple stops I’ve always used Google Maps, it seems to give the best route information, best routes and mileage/time, as far as the second question keeping track of the employees I’m not sure on that one
we do use that but I was hoping someone knew of something that lets say we had 4 stops to make, rather than doing each one individually we could have shop as starting point and ending point, hand the employee the piece of paper and say here are your stops and this is about how long it should take. Not saying he would have to read a piece of paper for directions, more that we can say here are your stops and this is about when you should be back.

snomoman

we do use that but I was hoping someone knew of something that lets say we had 4 stops to make, rather than doing each one individually we could have shop as starting point and ending point, hand the employee the piece of paper and say here are your stops and this is about how long it should take. Not saying he would have to read a piece of paper for directions, more that we can say here are your stops and this is about when you should be back.
Back in the day we would use MapQuest and hand a piece of paper to the employees that had all the different directions, but with Google Maps you can program in multiple locations, are you guys doing that? I had to do some surveys in Chicago where I was making seven stops, I was able to program in all the stops and it would give me the least amount of mileage needed for all the stops through Google Maps

euphoric1

Back in the day we would use MapQuest and hand a piece of paper to the employees that had all the different directions, but with Google Maps you can program in multiple locations, are you guys doing that? I had to do some surveys in Chicago where I was making seven stops, I was able to program in all the stops and it would give me the least amount of mileage needed for all the stops through Google Maps
Thank you! we have used google maps and I wasn't aware I could but multiple destinations and have it find best possible route, I will definitely look into that, Thank you