Is winter over???

polarisrider1

Go west! Full blown winter out here. West Yellowstone 4-6 ft. Plus. Snowing big flakes. Hang in there at home. 6 to 12 ft drifts in spots along road to Island Park.

meathead

catalac

Ah BOO HOO! "I only have such and such miles on, and only two or three rides up north." Wel I got totally stiffed from riding this year, by my so called buddy's. "Can't go, my wife has hemoroids." " My dog ate the news paper." ect. ect.! Well if Johns forecast holds true, I'm going to my freinds cabin in Presque Isle, with or without anyone! If my sled breaks on the trail, I'll walk! I don't care, at least I'll be UP NORTH!!!!
PS. I didn't mean anything bad to you fellas.

cat ..like you ,,,if you can ride ,,then ride ,,you know what they say about excususe.. but to all of us that can ride then by the grace of GOD or our wifes ,,,we ride ,,(i have only 4 days off from work but my honey says ..OH BY THE WAY.. I packed 10 days of tidey/wightys for you if the snow falls ..GOD I LOVE this women..)MEATHEAD

catalac

meathead, I'll meet you at the wi. border, and we'll head north. Hopfully this snow is going to hit the northwoods this week.
PS. Bring some dear sausage and jerky with ya also.ha Love that stuff.

rakins800

CATALAC- I tried to get you to go........but you had to paint kitchen cabinets or something.....J/K bro. Thinking about going next Saturday morning for another week,if they get the snow this week. Just me and one other guy.......give a shout if you want to join up!

catalac

Don't your press's ever run? We've been running 24-7. Hey, I get Sun. to Wed. off next week and I have a free cabin in Presque Isle to use, if they get this storm. If not I'm going someplace in the UP. PM me with the particulars.
Thanks
Kitchen cabinets? I was painting my toilet! ha

snow_monkey

Go west! Full blown winter out here. West Yellowstone 4-6 ft. Plus. Snowing big flakes. Hang in there at home. 6 to 12 ft drifts in spots along road to Island Park.

You got 5 heavy and wet on Sat A.M. at your place, riding was very good and should hold for a few days.

mjkaliszak

I keep dreaming of 1 more ride - trip. The Ontario snowfall depths are still hanging in there. I have spent way too much time on the forums since the melt down.

GTL

Conditions????????

You'll have to describe "poor" conditions for me.!!! I've ridden at least one day every week since the "meltdown" and conditions weren't the best but they beat the heck out of watchin' Orah......... We have been riding south of the cities and enjoying the loneliness of being out there by ourselves. Last week we rode from Hastings thru Calidonia to Iowa and back, yesterday we put on 157 miles riding down thru Lake City, over to Dennison and back. Poor conditions, I guess, are in the eyes of the beholder...........

arcticgeorge

Seems like it

Unreal... i/we have been watching this storm for a week and totals just keep going down. Winter Storm Watch downgraded to Snow advisory, lowered the totals to 1 to 3 inches here for today and right now its SUNNY out!

whitedust

Unreal... i/we have been watching this storm for a week and totals just keep going down. Winter Storm Watch downgraded to Snow advisory, lowered the totals to 1 to 3 inches here for today and right now its SUNNY out!

X2 My trail riding in Northern WI is done. No base, warm temps all storms going south just not going to happen in March for me. Time to summerize sled.:(

bigvin

Been over for a while,....

In my area,.... Snowmobiling season (rideable conditions) are generally just after
Christmas (sometimes before),... continuing through the end of March.
This year,....
We had a 13 inch blizzard that blew all the snow off the trails (completely),...
Then,...
A couple of 2 inchers here and there,... a Horrible January thaw,.... and
nothing significant since.
I work odd shift ours,... and do NOT have the luxury of Heading to the Keweenaw every
week. If we were to have gotten at least nominal accumulations here,... I would have been riding for MONTHS.
You can count on 1 hand,... the weeks that the groomers were running here.
Oh well. Sometimes ya just get SKUNKED.
So,... when ya look outside and there isn't any,... the thought of
Out of Sight, Out of Mind comes in to play.
Thank GOD we have this cool website to go to,... to see how everyone else is doing.
Some areas,... the Usually get skunked,... were blessed.
That is awesome.
I just wish we at least had 8 inches or so,.. to keep groomed,...
Oh Well.

I type this moments before I will go outside and start the snowblower for only the 3rd
time this season. I will try to clear the driveway of the nice 6 inches of heavy wet snow,..
So it isn't such a mess tomorrow, when temperatures go back into the 40's and wreck
it all again.
(heavy sigh,...)
Looks pretty,...
But Too Little,... Too Late.
(for me.)

Stick a fork in it.
:(

Oh ya,... Gas is 3.52 a gallon here for "regular corn-laced"
Next year,... I REALLY won't be able to afford it.
Always something.

POLARIS TURBO

I hear what your saying ,i would love to head up to the u.p but thats not always feesible!! I think i might go look at some atvs next ,,,,,winter is covered now spring and summer need to be covered !! The women isnt against it yet????