It's Almost Mid-Summer, How's Fishing?

skiroule

Yesterday, this guy was feasting on a dead Muskie that had washed up on shore. Guess he came back for a refill today. Having two small dogs, my wife is not crazy about anything that will attract eagles so I decided to get rid of the fish yesterday.

I assumed it was a fish that didn’t survive after being released but when I got up close, I realized that it had the tail of about a 15” Walleye sticking out of its mouth. It was a pretty big Muskie so I wouldn’t think a Walleye that size would be a problem but it looked like the Walleye had gotten lodged in its gills. Maybe that caused its death, I really don’t know.

These guys are not that uncommon anymore but they’re still impressive when you see one up close.

DSC_0257_1.jpg

skiroule

Sorry Pclark, I know you are waist-deep in garage and are not able to fish much, but I had to post this.

The Walleyes of October – had a friend up about a week ago to finish out the boat fishing for the year. Can’t believe how aggressive these fish still were. That water is getting cold! No huge fish numbers but almost every fish was a 16 – 26” healthy beauty. Caught a couple of bunches of keepers like this at one of our favorite fall spots.

IMG_2650_1.jpg

pclark

Sorry Pclark, I know you are waist-deep in garage and are not able to fish much, but I had to post this.

The Walleyes of October – had a friend up about a week ago to finish out the boat fishing for the year. Can’t believe how aggressive these fish still were. That water is getting cold! No huge fish numbers but almost every fish was a 16 – 26” healthy beauty. Caught a couple of bunches of keepers like this at one of our favorite fall spots.

View attachment 69052
Very nice Skiroule! Good looking fish, I hope to get out a little bit next week when my high school buddies come visit for the annual fall fishing trip. And yes, sometimes things get in the way of fishing but I have enjoyed the garage odessey. The boat is still in the water!!!!!