It's Official - Hay Days 2020 not happening

600_RMK_144

IMPORTANT NEWS

54th Hay Days Postponed to 2021

A month ago, we communicated a decision to proceed with planning for the upcoming Hay Days with the expectation that the COVID-19 infection rate would continue to decline and that we could establish a workable preparedness plan that would keep our guests safe. At the same time, we set a goal of preserving as much of the Hay Days experience as possible. Unfortunately, given the current reality that COVID cases are on the rise in many areas, we have decided it is in the best interest of everyone involved to postpone Hay Days for the first time in 54 years.

Our decision to postpone was incredibly difficult to make, but ultimately we believe it is the right one. We know there will be many disappointed vendors and fans, and we appreciate the overwhelming support we have received for the initial decision to move ahead with the event. We understand the importance of Hay Days to the powersports community and feel a deep responsibility to our vendors and fans to host the annual event. However, keeping in mind that attendees historically travel to Hay Days from over 30 states and several Canadian provinces, we must look at the bigger picture with respect to the risks involved. It would not be practical to implement a mitigation plan utilizing current guidelines without severely impacting both the vendor and spectator experience.

The planning and preparation already done for Hay Days 2020 will carry forward to 2021. As a thank you to our loyal fans, we are planning online giveaways and other engagement opportunities to mark the “Official Start of Winter” in the tradition of Hay Days. Please watch haydays.com, follow us on Facebook, or join our mailing list to get the latest information.

We hope you will join us in looking forward to next year’s Hay Days, when the “Official Start of Winter” moves to September 11-12, 2021.

Sno Barons Snowmobile Club

- - - Updated - - -

Very disappointed. Fall will not be the same without this event. Such an awesome way to get the season started. Serious Question: Where the **** am I gonna spend all my money?

whitedust

No idea what to expect at this point. I would like to buy a newer hybrid trailer but I don’t know if I will be able to even use it. I was looking forward to 2020/2021 season but just don’t know what to think with Covid on the increase and 2nd wave due Fall and Winter. Advanced planning is very difficult for next season. I hate the uncertainty!!!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea what to expect at this point. I would like to buy a newer hybrid trailer but I don’t know if I will be able to even use it. I was looking forward to 2020/2021 season but just don’t know what to think with Covid on the increase and 2nd wave due Fall and Winter. Advanced planning is very difficult for next season. I hate the uncertainty!!!

You know if you'd quit paying attention to the news you wouldn't hear anything about a second wave, so then you could quit worrying about it. :)

whitedust

You know if you'd quit paying attention to the news you wouldn't hear anything about a second wave, so then you could quit worrying about it. :)

Must be nice to live an insulated life have your routines uninterrupted and travel no where. Currently WI travelers have to quarantine themselves traveling to NJ and other states. Whitmer easily could join theses other governors and cut you off from visiting your beloved UP with a stroke of a pen. The next 2 weeks will be very interesting so pay attention big changes being considered again.

euphoric1

Must be nice to live an insulated life have your routines uninterrupted and travel no where. Currently WI travelers have to quarantine themselves traveling to NJ and other states. Whitmer easily could join theses other governors and cut you off from visiting your beloved UP with a stroke of a pen. The next 2 weeks will be very interesting so pay attention big changes being considered again.

Just the next two weeks?? have to wait and see what happens for the white gold season for the greater north, Initially this "covid" thing couldn't survive in warmer climates, hmmmm funny how things are "supposedly" or how we are "lead to believe" are happening now. This "virus" will never go away and when winter rolls around we will be in the thick of the flu season (as we are EVERY year), cold season and then the heaven help us "COVID" will still be here, anybody ever research the "Hong Kong Flu"? or "H2-N2" far worse than we are dealing with now and the world went on. That pen stroke could swing at any time as long as the media and the fear mongering continues, Look at what is happening with the school systems, idiocracy at its finest. As much as I am already counting the time to return to the U.P. I will admit I fear what the restrictions will be as we all know the mass exodus of people from many states to follow the snow and it will be interesting to see how the states "idiots" will respond to and handle the situation at hand, could be a very hard blow to the industry and the businesses whose YEARLY survival depends on those few months of the year.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Well my kids are officially angry for me. They were hoping that at least one thing this year would not get canceled. As for me I'm hoping that Wisconsin gets a good snow year so I don't have to worry about nearby governors saying we have to qaurentin. I'll just find a place with a full kitchen and cook. I'll admit it's one of the nice things about going away is to get out of the kitchen, but the main reason is to go play in the snow.