Jack Pine

euphoric1

Does anyone know if the bar is still by Jack Pine that had all the tree fungus's mounted on the walls like animal mounts and Elijiah the Indian in the basement? along with very good pizza? The last time I was there was in 2010 I believe, and if memory serves me right I thought it was on the same loop as Big Spring and does anyone know if that attraction has gone unchanged with the raft you wheel yourself out over the spring is also still there? trying to plan some stops/routes for when the wife and I go up in February, this will be her first time in that area.

mezz

I've never been to Jack Pine, but, have been to Big Spring aka Kitch-iti-Kipi. Very cool place! Only been there during camping season. Do they allow access to it in the winter?

euphoric1

I've never been to Jack Pine, but, have been to Big Spring aka Kitch-iti-Kipi. Very cool place! Only been there during camping season. Do they allow access to it in the winter?
last time I was there they did, there was a raft with one of those big shore station wheels on it you turned and pulled raft out over the spring, was cool!! water was so clear, I dont remember how deep spring was, thought something like 40' or so, was like looking through inches of water, you could actually see water bubbling out of spring.

euphoric1

wife a newbie but kinda filled her in already, I will never forget first time there, bar tender at the time looked exactly like Richard Little, one of our group lost the track on his machine, we towed it there. It was late, the bartender even offered to use his sled to get back to base to get vehicle, two guys headed back to the Americinn in Munising to get vehicle, while rest of us waited there, the bartender asked us if we wanted to see something, but we had to go in the basement and only one at a time. At the time we were like WTF??? so we were taken to the basement one at a time to this if I remember correctly a small cinder block room with a bench on one wall and Elijah on the other and shook his hand.... and thats how we met Elijah. I'll stop there not to spoil it for those who have not met him yet lol

wiharley02

Been to Jack Pine a few times over the last few years, taking newbies to meet Elijah. Elijah's "feature" has been broken last few times. Still a conversation piece for sure!