Jan 15, 2024

mezz

Awoke to 8+ of fresh LES & was snowing to beat the band from 6a to 9a with temp 8 degrees. I spent the last 3 hours plowing & shoveling just the basic areas & front of the office. Schools in Houghton & Keweenaw Counties have been cancelled. We literally went from fall to winter in 4 days. LES expected to continue for the next 3 days with highs in the single digits to below zero. We could feasibly see an additional 8-12" + through Wednesday, glad it is light snow, so not too difficult to move, just takes more time because there is so much.

lofsfire

I know that no one many really care about Indiana but, I thought the info would be nice to give a good picture of the entire area.

I'll use Gary, IN because I'm sure everyone know where Gary is at... 1"-2" wind blown.

However, farther East they received more in fact all the Indiana trails appear to be open now... Those are in New Carlisle to Angola across the northern part of the state. So I'm guessing they have at least 4" consistent or the trails would not open.