Jan 17, 2024

mezz

Well the snow guns keep running up here. Awoke to a fresh 4" this morning with much better temp at +14. Schools in Houghton & Keweenaw counties were called off today. Didn't quite understand that until I got out at 6am to shovel plow & saw the reason, that being white out conditions at times. Heavy bands of LES through out the afternoon with an additional 3" so far. It looks like more of the same for the next couple of days. I checked Keweenaw counties snow fall totals, from Jan 10th to Jan 17th & they total 47" in the last 7 days! Total on the ground currently is at 24". Here in the Banana Belt we have roughly 16" on the ground.

dfattack

Well the snow guns keep running up here. Awoke to a fresh 4" this morning with much better temp at +14. Schools in Houghton & Keweenaw counties were called off today. Didn't quite understand that until I got out at 6am to shovel plow & saw the reason, that being white out conditions at times. Heavy bands of LES through out the afternoon with an additional 3" so far. It looks like more of the same for the next couple of days. I checked Keweenaw counties snow fall totals, from Jan 10th to Jan 17th & they total 47" in the last 7 days! Total on the ground currently is at 24". Here in the Banana Belt we have roughly 16" on the ground.
I know if you are moving snow it probably sucks now but It's so nice to hear some of the traditional places catching up with snow. Especially for the local businesses.