Jan 31, 2021 Journal, “6 PACK”

frnash

“The sun is shinning [sic] the sun is shinning [sic]!
Actually the sun was shining.
But that turns out to be an interesting subject.

Whenever I see “shinning”, I think of “shinnying”, as in “shinnying” up a pole. (See entry 1 below.)

But surprise, surprise, as it turns out, Gracie was very close to “shinnying” on the Portage; if she just had a curved stick and a ball or block of wood! 😉 (See entry 2 below.)

Definition of shinny (Entry 1 of 2)
shinny (verb)
shinnied; shinnying
shinny (intransitive verb)
: to move oneself up or down something vertical (such as a pole) especially by alternately hugging it with the arms or hands and the legs

Definition of shinny (Entry 2 of 2)
: a variation of hockey played by children with a curved stick and a ball or block of wood
also : the stick used
: an informal game of ice hockey played usually outdoors

Apparently Nora wrote the journal this week; although it wasn’t signed, there were a few subtle clues:

“Last Saturday I was doing laundry
(Although I suppose John might have been doing laundry.)
John and another neighbor both had seen a small wolf …”
🤔

meathead

“The sun is shinning [sic] the sun is shinning [sic]!
Actually the sun was shining.
But that turns out to be an interesting subject.

Whenever I see “shinning”, I think of “shinnying”, as in “shinnying” up a pole. (See entry 1 below.)

But surprise, surprise, as it turns out, Gracie was very close to “shinnying” on the Portage; if she just had a curved stick and a ball or block of wood! �� (See entry 2 below.)

Definition of shinny (Entry 1 of 2)
shinny (verb)
shinnied; shinnying
shinny (intransitive verb)
: to move oneself up or down something vertical (such as a pole) especially by alternately hugging it with the arms or hands and the legs

Definition of shinny (Entry 2 of 2)
: a variation of hockey played by children with a curved stick and a ball or block of wood
also : the stick used
: an informal game of ice hockey played usually outdoors

Apparently Nora wrote the journal this week; although it wasn’t signed, there were a few subtle clues:

“Last Saturday I was doing laundry
(Although I suppose John might have been doing laundry.)
John and another neighbor both had seen a small wolf …”
��

Good Morning frnash. Columbo has nothing on you!!!!! [For those youger ..a TV detective program in the past.

frnash

Good Morning frnash. Columbo has nothing on you!!!!! [For those youger ..a TV detective program in the past.
Well, I guess I should have inserted this in between the two separate topics in my post! 😉
0e5a9133-946e-4f31-ae18-cdcf9f6b38a5
8DBA73A1-9096-4F90-BF2A-977BA7A312D0.jpeg
(click thumbnail for larger image.)

Last edited:

jd

Administrator
Staff member
What is a "cool down period" from school?

A period of time off from in-school instruction to let the spread of covid slow back down. Things were getting out of hand. Nora caught it, which caused the principle to have to quarantine. Several teachers out with it and no one wants to sub!

Nora had a very mild case, Grace and I did not catch it and the principle tested negative too. They went back to school yesterday.

-John