January 12th

hermie

At 715 pm...2 inches in nokomis....we just aren't seeing squat out of this in north central Wisconsin...unless it totally dumps on us in the next couple of hours ...2 to 3 is gonna be it
I am afraid you are going to be correct. If you watch the radar it spins up that way and disappears. I was really hoping to get the 5-8 so that maybe trails could of opened up. It's not looking good on solid week of cold then back to the same pattern we have been stuck in all winter. 😤😡😡🤬

whitedust

Time will tell if all the trails are down to dirt tomorrow then it wasn't if not then it was. There is not any frost in the ground. Warm wet snow and warm ground underneath is never a good combination for making a good trail base. Hopefully the cold air last night firmed it all up because if not trails are going to stink. From the looks of things we will get just over a week of riding before it starts to melt. Just can't win this winter.
I’m up to my neck in alligators anyway power out ,can’t go faster than 1 ,on snow blower or clogs lucky to have wood fire going have to deal with it all tomorrow and bunch of NFL playoff games on TV so wouldn’t get the sled out until Monday for me. Neighbor just called I have a big tree down out front missed the internet box that would have pissed a few people off. Lol.

Last edited:

hermie

I’m up to my neck in alligators anyway power out ,can’t go faster than 1 ,on snow blower or clogs lucky to have wood fire going have to deal with it all tomorrow and bunch of NFL playoff games on TV so wouldn’t get the sled out until Monday for me. Neighbor just called I have a big tree down out front missed the internet box that would have pissed a few people off. Lol.
I feel some of your pain. This stuff is incredibly full of moisture. Imagine how deep it would be if it was a drier snow. We would of ended up with over 15". Tried to use snowblower earlier today I hear a clunk and see a black piece flying in the air . I pick it up and it's a piece of my auger. A few swipes later I was left with half an auger. It was shovel time from there.

whitedust

I feel some of your pain. This stuff is incredibly full of moisture. Imagine how deep it would be if it was a drier snow. We would have ended up with over 15". Tried to use snowblower earlier today I hear a clunk and see a black piece flying in the air . I pick it up and it's a piece of my auger. A few swipes later I was left with half an auger. It was shovel time from there.
Electric start vibrated off imagine my surprise when I saw that hanging there in the Twlight lol. Poked around thru the clogs with a tire iron then my wife comes out asked me to make a fire since power off heat going down so just packed it all in soaking wet anyway. Got the fire going my wife had candles all over I’m just starting to relax and neighbor calls she saw big tree down in my yard when she went out for take out for her family. All I could say at this point is holy shite why’s next and I wanted go snowmobiling that ain’t happening anytime soon 😜 Hopefully you can get your blower fixed my driveway way to long to shovel just have to get mine together best I can I did find one bolt but I don’t know what else is missing.