Jd fundraiser

Stench

I plan to give a full recap soon... we are still tallying all donations and closing the loop on a few auction purchases.
In short, we have raised an incredible amount of money for a great cause.
Trail conditions were great at the start of the day.... Thanks Groomers!
Mother Nature gave us some bone chilling temps in the morning and evening, but rideable during the day. A great reason to stop in and visit businesses to warm up.
Look for a full recap in the coming days!

D

Deleted member 10829

I’m amazed how little we’ve heard about how the ride went. We really have heard nothing.  Who went and can tell us about it?

jonesin

i know, me too<br>maybe they are waiting to tell us who got what as far as donations but I was hoping for maybe pictures and how many showed up<br>maybe nobody went.....<br><br>

4kops

It was really ride(s) out of Timberline, Pat's and Kip's. There was no set time to start the ride people came in at all different times and just went out and rode like they would any other day. To have a so called ride that would have broken the Covid rules (lmfao). So people went and rode and stop at all the places that they would have normally. I can say about all the people that I have talked to it was a steady stream of people visting the business's some more than others. Temps I think keep many riding short distance. But from a over stand point it has been a absolute amazing venture. Thanks to each and everyone of you that donated we are making a good number of business's happy and hopefully taken some stress off them. Stench will come out with the total number of business's and the total amount raised keeping in mind 100% of what was raised will be going directly to the business's. Have met alot of great people along the way while doing this. Stay tuned.

D

Deleted member 10829

Great to hear 4kops!  I was very impressed with everyone involved in organizing this, it was a great effort.  Thanks for all you did 4kops!!  What a great cause.  Love it!  Thank you to the John Dee community, they really stepped up! 

4kops

Thank you but not needed. Really thank's go to everyone that donated and really a special thanks goes to John for letting this great thing take place on his platform. And also a hugh thanks to Timberline, Pat's and M&M for all they did. Without them I know it would have not been what it is.

kip

It was a honor to be a part of this! Good work to all of you for helping!! You know who you are:)

Stench

Sorry for the delays... With this consuming me for the past month or more, I had actual work to attend to. I have also been waiting to get a final tally of all the dollars raised, to report to the JD community. My best guess at this point is $46,582. Some of the funds were accepted through the Givebutter site, which will take a small handling fee. Cash and checks were dropped off in person at the dealerships which avoid any fees. All of the funds will be deposited in the Superior Snowmobile Club account who has been kind enough to accept the deposit and cut checks to the businesses.
(25) businesses have been selected to receive funding and have been contacted by email with a letter indicating they will be receiving a check in the next 10 days. The letter states that 100% of the dollars raised will be paid to the businesses. Any costs we ran into we covered personally or had donated to us by the business. And finally, the letter emphasizes the importance of being part of a snowmobile association, this year, and for years to come.
Last Saturday went as planned. As 4Kops said, our goal was to organize an unorganized informal event to stay off of anyone's Covid radar. Even with very cold temps, the Keweenaw was full of riders. I left from M&M in Hancock and went north. Kip at Pat's had a great list of people who stopped in and donated in person. Businesses seemed busy with lots of sleds parked in front of many.
A big thank you to John Dee, Kip at Pat's , Chad at M&M, and Mark at Timberline. These guys put themselves and their businesses on the line and took a major project on during their busy season. Jeff (Bayfly) did an amazing job organizing the silent auction and Slimcake's sled drew great attention closing the auction at $1700. Alec (Bayfly's son) Handled our social media, creating Facebook and Instagram accounts to draw attention. 4Kops, euphoric1, WorkHardPlayHrd,and Sledhead! were vital in our planning and selection meetings, giving us insight and ideas along the way. Truly a team effort.
The biggest thanks really goes to the John Dee Community. It was this group who delivered for these businesses. On the Givebutter site, it recorded 159 supporters. Great job everyone.
We promise to announce the firm total raised as those funds hit the Superior bank account. From day 1, we promised transparency.... And we plan to deliver that as soon as we have the final number.

Until then, enjoy the rest of the season. Ride safe!

D

Deleted member 10829

Thanks for the info!  Amazing job by everyone.  Brings a tear to my eye and makes me proud of the sledding community!

goofy600

Thanks for the info!* Amazing job by everyone.* Brings a tear to my eye and makes me proud of the sledding community!

Amen, I agree completely. Now that I live in the yoop me and my wife have been trying to get to as many places this year as possible to support them. We have been taking after work rides and getting to a couple different places a week for dinner, one to get a ride in and two to support our community. Love the UP and northern Wisconsin and plan on doing what we can.

Sledhead!

Awesome effort by all, that's a lot of $$ we raised and will make an immediate impact on these businesses!.

Keep spending $$ on your trips and we call all hopefully see these businesses bounce back! I know they were happy to see us!