Jeff Leuenberger on the Pole for Soo I500!

megan600

Was good to see this when I woke up today. Great guy...and heck of a driver. He put on a great show at the Saints Snowmobile club race a few weeks ago. Hope our local guy gets it done! Plus you gotta love that Flannery power :)

jlrotax583

Final Lineup!
Good turnout this year. Should be a great day! (if not to snowy<---Ironic) :)

Go Doo

-Jon

Attachments

• 2015_SooI500_FinalQual.jpg
    2015_SooI500_FinalQual.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 31

sweeperguy

I was at the race. He was killing it. by lap 4 he was starting to pass the back of the field. I think it was around lap 15 he was closing in on the other top 5. If the sled would have held together He would have had been several laps ahead by the time it was called off because of snow. Lap 283 I think it was that they shut it down. I will have some video on You-tube by tomorrow of the beginning of the race. and some video of the kids races Friday night. If I don't put up a link here go to my profile and see albums, has a link to my channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8bAQa18ckZh1AEI41nOj7Q

Last edited:

megan600

Wow! he sure had one heck of a lead right from the start. Would have loved to seen how that played out if the sled had held together. Thanks for sharing the video. I'm slighly impartial... Jeff is a local guy, and I got Flannery power in my sled too :)

sweeperguy

Wow! he sure had one heck of a lead right from the start. Would have loved to seen how that played out if the sled had held together. Thanks for sharing the video. I'm slighly impartial... Jeff is a local guy, and I got Flannery power in my sled too :)

Right on, glad to share. Yea he was killing them. And we are polaris to the core. My daughter was so stoked cuz she rides a 97 indy 500, so his gen 2 looks like hers from up on the bluff.

jlrotax583

From some of Jeff L. Daughters Facebook posts, the 60 sled's plan was never to run the whole race.
Sounds like Jeff L. wanted to go out in style (rumor is that it may be his last race) and win the pole and dominate for a while.
And He did.
I think that sled would have been a handful once the track got bumpy. It was way low to the ground.

Exciting Soo I-282 though!!

Sweeperguy, where were you on the bluff? We were in the Haybale bunker across from the Flagman.

-Jon

sweeperguy

We were thinking just that. He wanted to just pull out hot and hard just to "make a statement "
Yea we were up on the bluff. Born and raised in the Soo. Dad is still there he has a spot for the RV up there every year. And i stay at his house, great week of riding, visiting old friends. Best week of the year for me.