Jerry Can/ Fuel Caddy

Dirty Kitty

I know Ski-Doo makes a gas caddy that locks on with the Linq system. I have a 2012 F1100 Cat and am wondering if anyone knows of a way to haul a store bought (Fleet Farm, Menards) 2 gallon gas can on the rear section behind the seat. I realize the tunnel coolers are on the underside so care will have to be taken before holes are drilled. Cat makes a rear rack and from looking at some pictures I wonder if the bungee cord/ strap will hold the gas can in place.

Has anyone fabricated their own fuel caddy? I could spend $125 for the Ski-Doo can but would rather spend the money on more important things such as trail maps, fuel and tavern stops. If so please share your pictures or ideas.

An aluminum sheetmetal box could be easily made, I wonder how ugly it would look?

I appreciate your help!

whitedust

There is an adaptor bracket that fits doo linq sysyem including gas can to any sled. Why reinvent the wheel? I saw in snomo mag recently on a cat so search web probably will come up.

warner

google rotopak
they make different size fuel cans with a mount system,i have one on the back of my sled and it works great

2TrakR

I've carried an 1 gallon "common-man" gas can and did not have good results (broken plastic fuel container and also broken bungee cords). Moved to a Kolpin fuel pack. No issues with it. Can strap it down or get a regular mount from them. Can double duty on the ATV.

Have the SkiDoo can this season to see how it works, since it's "designed" to fit on the sled versus adapting something to fit it.

ezra

cat has holes on under side of bumper.
2 short ratchet strap in a x
a foam or rubber sticker stuck to tunnel for can to sit on

Dirty Kitty

Great idea. One would think the remaining manufacturers would design their own fuel caddy. Sometimes an 11 gallon fuel tank is not enough, especially out in the rural areas.

ezra

did u guys miss the store bought menards can? long long way from the rotopack price point

ezra

Don't see anything for Poo? What else is there?
dont know but my bud just took off his rotopack from his pro prob could be bought . u know the deal when was the last time in the hills u needed gas? **** if a cat can make a whole day the poo should never run out .I carry a 1 gal and have only used it 1 time in 2 yrs . deff dont think I need 2.5 sitting behind me

polarisrider1

dont know but my bud just took off his rotopack from his pro prob could be bought . u know the deal when was the last time in the hills u needed gas? **** if a cat can make a whole day the poo should never run out .I carry a 1 gal and have only used it 1 time in 2 yrs . deff dont think I need 2.5 sitting behind me

The only time I haul gas is out to Top of the world. Then bury can for trip back.