Johnson outboard for sale

14snow

I know this isnt the best area to try and sell this outboard but I have tryed other areas with no luck.With that being said I have a 1967 Johnson Sea Horse outboard for sale.Its a 3hp that is is good shape.I dont know if it runs because I dont want to put gas in it and end up with problems.This is a very small engine and is perfect for a collector.Im not sure what it is worth.I dont want it to go to a scrap yard but that is all it may be good for.I also have all the original paperwork that came with it when it was new.I am located in the southwest suburban Chicagoland area.Any help I can get selling this would be great.

Dave_B

Is it a long shaft, or short? I know alot of old timers like to use them for trolling motors but generally are looking for the long shaft. It would be worth it to see if you can get it running as they are still worth some decent money.

Dave

eagle1

Call Valley Marine Mart in Menasha, Wi (920-722-6379) and ask for Doug.

He's into collecting wooden boats and old Johnson's and I'm sure he could give you and idea of whats its worth. where to sell it or maybe even buy it himself.

anonomoose

I own two of those machines....bit earlier models, but they are the same thing.

You really can't hurt it by putting gasoline (50:1 mix) in it and getting it started. They do bring good money IF....they are running.

These are twin cylinder jobs with two sets of points.

The coils crack and go bad over time...could well be the case with this one, and though they will run okay on one lung, they won't idle down for trolling. When both lungs are kick'n...they run very smoothly.

If it hasn't been beat up, has the little foot off the rear of the exhaust intact, and pumps water, it is worth around $300...and a great place to sell it is on ebay.

Get it running, make sure it is spitting water out the back of the motor (it doesn't have a stream coming out...just spit) and then ebay it out.

The parts are still available to fix them...Johnson made them for a bunch of years...and they fit nicely on the back of a 12 foot boat and are light for carrying down to the lake.

Even if you give up on it, put it on ebay and someone who rebuilds them will buy it up.