Joke of the day

rph130

So on my list of things to do, I had some maintenance to do on my truck. I called the auto parts store and ordered a case of trans fluid. I could not believe it when the delivery guy showed up at my house with a case of Bud Light.

wiscrev

I think alot of us would think twice about shopping at Menards if you do some research on John Menard and some of his business practices
This+. Their rebate program is a scam. I've lost over $200.00 in rebates. I get the dollar and 5 dollar ones, but when it comes to $90-150 rebates, they never show up. I've talked to many others who agree and had this happen to them as well. I've learned to save copies of the rebates and will take them in to see what they will do. I'm sure they will say, "reapply and wait 5-10 weeks." I just don't shop there unless I really have to as I get an automatic 10% from Home Depot and Lowes.

garageguy

I have not had trouble with Menards rebates. Yes you have to wait a while. But eventually I got mine. I used to buy all my materials there when I was in business and I've received many thousands in rebates
Some near a grand each

snomoman

“ save big money at Menards“
Aren’t we all tired of hearing this stupid corny cliché that keeps repeating itself inside the stores? if I worked there I think it would drive me absolutely nuts… I guess it could get worse if all of a sudden we started hearing it in a “transgender” voice

600_RMK_144

For the sake of keeping the thread on task..........

So I'm at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15/hr "monitors" me. Then this exchange happens...

Her - Why are you double bagging all of your groceries?
Me - Excuse me?
Her - You are wasting out bags!
Me - If you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her - That's not my job, this is the self check-out area!
Me - Okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's alright with you?
Her - Why are you using two bags?!
Me - Because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - Well, that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag, then you wouldn't need to double bag them.
Me - So you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag?
Her - Exactly!
Me - So... I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her - No, because you wouldn't be double bagging them.
Me - Okay, try to keep up here.... So here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice doubled up. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in THIS single bag and the juice in THAT single bag, I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her - No because you are not double bagging them, so it's not the same number of bags.
*me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show!!!
Me - Is this like that new "Common Core" math I keep hearing about that they are teaching kids now days?
Her - Never mind..... You just don't get it!

And with that, she went back up to her little podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.