Just another day at the office

frosty

I'll stick to welding on life gas mains!!! If I go, it will be quick, not like 10 or 15 seconds till you hit the ground! I wonder if they could base jump from there?!

mezz

Holy Crap! That definetly takes a special person to do that job! I was getting a tad dizzy just watching. Would not be my cup of coffee.-Mezz

Last edited:

bobsledder

I watched just a little and I am so weak I can hardly move. I stopped when they started talking about free climbing!

jonesin

i remember watching that before, just MADE myself do it again, i'm sweating and nervous just from watching, i think that i need a smoke!

xcr440

They gotta be wearing a parachute...... Not that it makes it any easier

Last edited:

lvr1000

With two guys on that skinny tower, I wonder how much it sways. When I was young, I use to help erect grain legs and boy did they sway.

fatdaddy

oh come on you guys, did you see how easy they made it for them to get to the top. Sheet with 1/2 inch bolts to hang on to and a coffee can lid to stand on, people from walmart could do that. GOOD GOD MAN, are you kidding me, no f ing way, I couldn't even go 20 feet, they got huge balls.

anonomoose

Ok....so just suppose that someone scotch-tapes a $250,000 check to the very tippy top of that thing (please notice the pole flexing around as they perch up on the very top...and attach their "safety hook" to it....:() and the boss says, "Hey you....I'll give you the money and let you off today to get it if you go climb that thing and I will give you the rest of the winter off to go sledding every single day...if you can bring it down...."

Who amounts you feel bravely enough to do the climb and get the check? Shouldn't take more than a couple hours and a few pairs of fresh under-things...

doo_dr

My guys do this everyday! We don't work on many broadcasting towers. Most of our work is 100-500' on celluar towers. They are a different group of guys that is for sure.

slimcake

That is insane. What I am wondering is how the heck did they get those towers up in the first place?? My guts are twisting just watching that..... WOW!!